Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karin_sj

Formica color/style for office corner desk

karin_sj
10 years ago

I work at home and really need an office of my own. We just moved into an older home (1939) and the only spot that will work is a very small room (approx. 9' 4" wide x 8' 9" deep. It has an existing wall of bookshelves and cabinets already, which is great.

I'm working with Valet Closets to have them put in an L-shaped desk. I love their design and everything is ready to go, except that I can't decide on a color and style for the desktop.

The existing cabinets are a white melamine (and I think I'll stay with that for the corner unit base) but the surface is a dated looking walnut laminate. I don't care for that so much but can't figure out what to use for the desk surface of the new unit that will go with it. The walls are off white and the floor is a warm oak wood.

Since it's an older home, I don't want something that's too flashy. And it's such a small room that I feel that I need to keep it light...

I'm leaning towards Formica in one of the following: Travertine, Creme Quarstone, or Frosted Leaves. Then again, I could go with darker to compliment the walnut on the other side of the room...

Anyone have a laminate (in a matte finish) that they love and might look good for a corner desk?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida