Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20021230

A Collected Layered Home

User
11 years ago

Interior designer Timothy Corrigan's LA Hancock Park house featured in the Apr 2012 Architectural Digest.

Comments (25)

• Janice742
    11 years ago

So many interesting ways of displaying art in this home. I love the chairs and table at the end of the bed.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    11 years ago

So fun to look at! Thanks for posting it. There's a few too many nipples and busts/portraits for my personal taste but overall, it's quite liveable. It's also quite toned down from your usual layered room posts. Not so rococo.
    However, my favorite room is the kitchen which is a bit different in style than the other rooms.
    Love the entranceway!

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

I appreciate a house that has lots of room for books. Thanks for sharing.

• grlwprls
    11 years ago

Beez, that "there's a few too many nipples" comment made me LOL. I actually like the kitchen as well.

• pps7
    11 years ago

Very nice. It would take me a lifetime to collect that much art.
    I would need to tone down the stuff on the tables/ chairs. I love the layering of the art, window treatments, rugs. But I need the end tables and coffee table clutter free.

Don't love the plates on the counter in the kitchen.

• flymom65
    11 years ago

Love all the room for books! Also, like the fact that things are so symmetrical. For some reason, I get hung up on that. Gorgeous entrance!

• DLM2000-GW
    11 years ago

Even though there is an abundance of vignettes and the rooms are staged to the max, I still get the feeling that someone *lives* there - it's for show but also for the residents. With the exception of the dining room, I'd be a very comfortable guest there.

• palimpsest
    11 years ago

I think the portrait in the last photo is one of Corrigan's ancestors.

• Boopadaboo
    11 years ago

I want to move in to that green room. I LOVE it! :) I like the painted island too in the kitchen and the room with the portraits :)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Gorgeous...thx!

• patty_cakes
    11 years ago

Even though I don't like green, I love the green room! Looks like it could be the den as the bottom picture looks more like a library.

• madtown_2006_gw
    11 years ago

I love the entry hall, the pendants over the kitchen island, and that last pic of what I'm assuming is the library. So cozy! Thanks for sharing.

• Boopadaboo
    11 years ago

I thought that last pic was the other end of the bedroom, no? the blinds and wall color seem to be the same.

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    11 years ago

I like how the busts on top of the credenza hutch mimic the cameos in the hutch doors.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Posted by boopadaboo (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 16:26

I thought that last pic was the other end of the bedroom, no? the blinds and wall color seem to be the same.

It is the bdrm

• peegee
    11 years ago

Interesting! Also note that the lamp table and lamp etc. at the end of the LR (in the 2 pictures above the green room) have changed - and the green chairs moved?

• patricianat
    11 years ago

I love the home. I think we all get caught up in too much detail. I might have different art, I might have different plates, but overall the house and the way of layering the decor is very handsome.

• deegw
    11 years ago

Why does that green room make me so happy? I'm not a fan of stained trim or ornate accessories and I would never in a million years pick that color. It's magic.

• kitchendetective
    11 years ago

Love the green dining room/library. The green kitchen island is exactly the color of my laundry room cabinets, so I like the island. ;)
    The rest has too many too studied and too symmetrical elements for me--like the pillows two-by-two and the aforementioned nipple motif.

• texanjana
    11 years ago

Love it, especially the green room and the kitchen. Thanks for posting.

• bronwynsmom
    11 years ago

I am absolutely mad for the bedroom and the entry hall ad staircase.

• crl_
    11 years ago

Really lovely. It is always fun to look and this seems more live able somehow than most layered rooms do to me. Thank you for posting.

• melsouth
    11 years ago

I've returned to look at these photos over and over again-what a treat! Thanks!

• rosie
    11 years ago

I've read that it's much easier to do a layered look in dark colors than light because the dark can absorb a lot more detail without looking cluttered. Whatever, this is done beautifully, and I'm especially in love with the living room with the mirror surrounded by portraits.

• justsaying
    11 years ago

Except for all the nudie pics and statues, it is a beautiful, soothing home. I have Christopher Lowell's book, "Seven Layers of Decorating" and it really is all about the "layers," although this home seems to have about 14 layers! Stunning home.