Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
baroo2u_gw

Help me find a room to use BM Cedar Green!

Baroo2u
10 years ago

I really love this color, not sure why--the photo is so bright and happy! I'm trying to figure out which room I could use it in...the smallish, north-facing spare bedroom? The laundry/ tool room? The bright, pine panelled basement--which doesn't need painting and should really stay neutral in color since I'll be selling in a year or two, but wouln't it look great?

I'm supposed to be sewing but would rather dream about a bright, beautiful GREEN sewing room...

Any thoughts?

Comments (16)

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Definitely sewing and/or laundry room!

• Baroo2u
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tibbrix, you're absolutely right--imagine the contrast with the white machines machines and metal shelving in the laundry! The green would turn detergent boxes and cleaning supplies into functional art : p

Would this color turn a darker room into a cave, 'tho? Anyone?

Also, I've never seen bright green as a neutral, but in nature it goes with anything, I guess. Any suggestions to avoid the "Too Tacky For Words" look? I'm assuming modern, bold, bright & white are the key words here?

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

I had a laundry room painted a lime green and I swear it helped sell the house! It was a condo with the laundry room off the garage w/ a cement floor, and I redid the floor using black and white peel and stick tiles, on the diagonal. I installed white shelves, used a few fake plants and birdhouses(painted black/white)for decor, as well as a small, with laundry products on another. On another wall I used black wood letters to spell out laundry.

You're green is so pretty! Be brave and use it somewhere!

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Who wouldn't want to fold laundry in a room with that color? Put a disco ball on the ceiling, and you'll be dancing while doing your laundry!

• theclose
    10 years ago

I love that color! Green is my favorite. In my last two apartments, my living room and then living room/dining room were painted BM Stem Green. Very similar. Loved, loved it. I am sad I don't have it in my new house but one day it might make a reappearance. : ) Attaching a pic.

I think a laundry room or sewing room would be perfect in this color.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

That is a beautiful, happy shade of green. Yes to sewing room and laundry room!

• Baroo2u
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, Tibbrix, I don't want to fold laundry in ANY room, but I love your disco ball idea, lol!

• Baroo2u
    Original Author
    10 years ago

OK, what gives? I checked the color chip at the BM dealer and it's NOTHING like the color on the BM site! It's a very bleechy blue grey green, not the bright, happy yellowish green in the photo I attached. Now what do I do?

• kellienoelle
    10 years ago

Here is the same room from a different view and while it doesn't appear bleechy blue grey green, it appears that the happy yellowish hue is gone too. This looks more kelly green in this photo.

• kellienoelle
    10 years ago

And then different again in this one....here is the blue/gray you mentioned. This is definitely a color to sample in the room before going all in!

• Baroo2u
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You're right Kellienoelle, good eye! They're all different. So how do I figure out which BM color is closest to Pic #1? Honestly, one wonders if BM has realized that they make more money selling the wrong colour than the right color. Not long ago I asked for AFC-350 Tumeric & they mixed 2160-2 Turmeric. (What company has two different paint colors with the name off by ONE letter?) It would've maybe worked out, except the color in the can wasn't EITHER Tum- OR Turmeric, but Carrot-Soup with a hit of Fully-Loaded-Pampers!

• Baroo2u
    Original Author
    10 years ago

OK, what gives? I checked the color chip at the BM dealer and it's NOTHING like the color on the BM site! It's a very bleechy blue grey green, not the bright, happy yellowish green in the photo I attached. Now what do I do?

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

Lol tribbrix! Or hopscotch on the 'checkered' floor! I have no green in my new house, but if I were to use one, this would be my choice. Here's the color......

Here is a link that might be useful: color

• Baroo2u
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Patty Cakes, I can't wait to see if those colors are as great on the SW fan deck as they are on my monitor! Unfortunately, it's a l-o-n-g drive to the nearest SW dealer!

• Baroo2u
    Original Author
    10 years ago

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

Take the chip to Home Depot and have them custom mix the color for you. I've not had to pay if it isn't a match, but it depends on the employee.