Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
twinkletoesmomma

Can someone help me find this bookshelf?

twinkletoesmomma
15 years ago

I can find plenty of bookshelves with glass doors, but none of them have panes like this one which I really feel is a nice look.

any ideas of where I could find a similar one?

Comments (16)

• nanny2a
    15 years ago

This company might have what you're looking for.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.restorationsandoriginals.com/Products/bookcases.html

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

That pic looks like it is from a decorating magazine and often they use custom items for their unique looks.

You are in the middle of a build/remodel right? If you have access to a carpenter, maybe you could get a book shelf with plain glass doors, and have them cut the wood strips and add the wood strips going across on the glass doors? A professional carpenter could cut it to an exact match and no one would be able to tell it was cobbled together, even looking up close.

They have Mission style ones with the doors like that, but you would have to paint it white. There are others that are Modern style and you could add the detailing to make it blend with your decor.

{{!gwi}}

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

This one is Ikea. It has the doors with the wood. The shelves are glass. Maybe add crown molding to the top and a base?

• twinkletoesmomma
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thank you!

dilly_dally--where did you find that mission styled natural colored one?

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

Thank you for the thank you!

I do not remember where I saw the Mission one. I was flipping through images of bookcases with glass doors and saw one. I skipped ones that you did not seem to be interested in, like the white one with glass doors that I saw but that had the doors sliding rather than opening out from a hinge.

This one is not Mission but looks like it could work if you paint it white:

It is from Amazon and linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Linky

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

You don't indicate the desired size of the unit you wish for, nor the price/quality range. Target has some cheapies in various styles, that that could make do for a kitchen. They rotate styles in and out constantly so you have to really keep an eye peeled for what you want.

• nanny2a
    15 years ago

I've been looking for something similar to this myself. This link has several styles, and many of them can be ordered in white.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Decorators

• twinkletoesmomma
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you again!

That cherry one is great--the perfect size. I wish my painting skills were better or I'd probably attempt it. :)

thanks for that home decorators link...I had been looking there, but nothing quite right.

Guess I'll keep searching or just compromise a little.

• mclarke
    15 years ago

HomeDecorators has this one:

• robin_DC
    15 years ago

Is there an unfinished wood furniture store in your area? If so, they should either have a piece like this that you can order painted white (or paint yourself if you order it unfinished). Or else, they can add paned glass doors like this to one of their footed bookcases. I was looking for something similar to this in the fall, but shorter and wider, to use as a tv console, and those were the options I found through my local unfinished wood store.

• budge1
    15 years ago

I second robin's suggestion. I've found great bookcases at our unpainted furniture store.

And I hate to tell you this, but I just saw that exact bookcase at my favourite antique store for $275. I've been trying to find an empty spot I can squeeze it into.

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

Interesting to learn that unfinished furniture stores customize. I did not know that.

Otherwise there would have to be a compromise of some sort on the bookcase.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Bookcase

• zoey_neohio
    15 years ago

How about this one. It can be customized, also.

Here is a link that might be useful: Found here

• justusbarkers
    15 years ago

You might want to check out Nadeau. You should be able to get a white cabinet with glass doors for about $500. Here's a link to some cabinet pictures in one of their stores. And you can find a list of all stores and their inventory photos here:
    http://www.furniturewithasoul.com/contact.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Mount Pleasant, SC Nadeau

• nanny2a
    15 years ago

I absolutely love Nadeau! I bought my office desk from their Mt. Pleasant store, and converted the center drawer into a kayboard drawer with a piano hinge. It turned out really nicely and total cost was less than $250!

• jane__ny
    15 years ago

Found this on Crate & Barrel. I ordered the smaller one with the solid panel on bottom.

Here is a link that might be useful: Crate & Barrel

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz