Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
And for good measure: House with 35K cat walks

Posted by nosoccermom (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 9, 14 at 10:49

If you really want to do something nice for your cats....

Here is a link that might be useful: House with cat walks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: And for good measure: House with 35K cat walks

That is just crazy but my cat would absolutely love it.

o

Love it. I'm having a hard time not becoming the spinster cat lady up the street.

o

How do you clean them? And how do you find your cat?

I've seen other houses like this...fun for cats but....

o

If you have 18 cats, you probably loose track of one or two..... And you keep the food in only one single spot on the ground.

o

" He also designed the tunnels so the cats are never more than an arm’s length away in the tunnels, and so he can clean the spaces out easily by hand."
I imagine it would be just like dusting a bookcase without the books.

o

24 litter boxes and no smell? In order to accomplish that he'd have to have a full time person just taking care of the litter boxes..even if they are in closets.

o

One neighbor is a cat rescuer, and our vet's wife is her best friend. They each are rescuers of cats. The neighbor has a "cat" house which is one of those glass houses like so many restaurants had back in the 1980s. They have an in/out door for the cats to go into the woods to do their business. The cats love the house because at their back door is the wooded area where they play all day and return at night for rest and relaxation. It's not on the same level as this but it does keep the cat litter boxes to a minimum since they can do what Mother Nature intended.

The vet and his wife live on several acres and their rescue cats are allowed to roam but come home. They live a couple miles or so from traffic so the cats are perfectly content to stay on their own property.

They each allow you to adopt any of their cats. Neighbor currently has 39.

They actually have a pet cemetery on their property, very nice and if customers wish their pets to be buried there they can as long as they pay for the arrangements.

o

cat modifications
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Both of these are really fabulous! I just have this modern looking perch. I have a small version for the guest BR.

o

I feel really sorry for my cats.

o

The cat will still want to sit on your favorite cashmere sweater.

o

made the mistake of commenting; then I had 100 emails alerting me to subsequent posts. fixed that!

o

bahaha at blfenton and bpathome!

o

And for the lower budget ways to create a cat heaven/haven...

Here is a link that might be useful: cat products

o

Well, that's unique!

o

My cats and blfenton's ought to form a support group.

o

I'm glad my cat is happy with an empty box to hide in and an old ottoman to sit on to look out the window! I'll have to keep him off of houzz or he would be joining that support group too. After watching him scratch a little and then shake out while sitting in the sun, I'm glad he's not hanging out over my head!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here