Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loribee_gw

This 'n that ...breakfast nook update

loribee
13 years ago

Ready to finish re-painting my 4th kitchen chair (baby turtle) and thought I'd post an update.

Titled this 'n that because the room has a bit of everything- MCM table and chairs, antique shop little pink table, Pier 1 slipcover...shopped the house for everything else. Pix are dark as it's snowing out, so no sun today. :(

Thanks for looking~~

Comments (30)

• lauren0319
    13 years ago

What a lovely room!!!!

• User
    13 years ago

I have to say I do like it. Are those the same curtains you were considering a while back?

Love that little brown chair. What's the fabric?

Buffet is awesome.

Lots of different styles but I think it has that Loribee stamp that fits with your house now. :)

• tinam61
    13 years ago

Looks great! I have a little table almost exactly like your pink one - not in use right now. I must think of a lovely color and use it somewhere!

Love the pier one slip!

tina

• User
    13 years ago

"Pier 1 slipcover"
    Oops, sorry I missed that! I thought it was custom.

• DLM2000-GW
    13 years ago

Lori - saw this on FB first and commented there but since I can see more here I have more comments! Basically, I love it - it looks like you. And imagine the BT coming into play here - who'd'a thunk! How does the traffic pattern work with the rug and tale turned that way? In the pic it looks good but how does it live? Love the way the salmon color flows throughout the space. The only thing I'm not loving is the polk-a-dot pot but it's such a small element - if it makes you smile then it works! Ya done good!

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    13 years ago

The room meshes together so nicely. Love the little slipper chair too!

• Arapaho-Rd
    13 years ago

FYI - I think I saw that slipcover fabric in Hobby Lobby but I don't see it on their website. They had two toile fabrics when I was looking a couple weeks ago in the store and I swear that was one of them!

• Arapaho-Rd
    13 years ago

loribee, meant to say the room looks fantastic - you've done a wonderful job!

• cooperbailey
    13 years ago

All this time I thought baby turtle was a green blue- but its a gray? Good choice of color for your table and chairs.
    I think your room looks great!

• loribee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Awww...thanks! I was nervous to post because it's such a mishmash of styles, you know??
    Thanks- Lauren, so kind of you!
    Shee- Yes, the drapes are from my little sitting room.
    The chair fabric reminded me of Scooby's toile chairs that I adore~~ I have a flirty, fun floral slip for summer. :)
    Tina- I hope you find a cute spot for your little table and show us!
    Deb- thanks friend. I posted on FB for DH's sis and all his cousins. I hope they'll be pleased that we are using the family table. Per Palimpset, we intend to professionaly restore it someday.
    DeeDee- the slipper chair is all for me~ to offset the hardlines of the kitchen set.
    Arapaho- the slip is Pier 1 and they had some really cute choices. Fun idea if you like to switch things around a lot, huh?
    Cooper- Baby turtle is a fabulous grayed green with a hint of tan. How's that...clear as mud, lol???

• deeinohio
    13 years ago

Looks fantastic. I like the baby turtle so much more than the mustard.
    Dee

• loribee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Dee! Funny I thought the mustard would be perfect, but...I had to copy Juddgirl2 instead. :)

• torsade
    13 years ago

I never comment cause I'm such a newb, but Loribee....that's just lovely!

• greatgollymolly
    13 years ago

All of your rooms are so pretty. You have great taste and know how to put a room together. I wish some of your talent would rub off on me.

• Valerie Noronha
    13 years ago

Loribee: I love what you've done for this space and how you were able to incorporate the MCM piece in a way that went with your own sense of style and vision. I love the new curtains and blinds, but, just curious, what made you change from the dropcloths?

• User
    13 years ago

Wait, what do you have in your sitting room now? You should show us a pic of that too. :)

• juddgirl2
    13 years ago

So pretty! The painted chairs and table really complement your drapes.

Love the Baby Turtle chairs, of course :-D It's funny how different it looks on my and your furniture pieces than it does in my low light powder room and laundry room where it's a darker brown green.

I'm going to use it on the base of my coffee table and stain the top dark walnut.

• Oakley
    13 years ago

What I like the best besides the room being perfect, is it invites "lingering" after a dinner with family or friends.

Lingering and chatting after dinner is my favorite part of the meal and your room is very comfortable to do that!

Love the plant stand, btw.

• loribee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You are very kind to me... as mentioned, I was nervous about posting this room.
    I'll prob bring out the dropcloth drapes this summer, just for fun & yes, I will snap a sitting room pic for you, Shee.
    THANKS~~~

• eandhl
    13 years ago

You have done a beautiful job incorporating a treasured family piece. Now enjoy it! I love the color you painted the chairs.

• Chelsea3684
    13 years ago

First time seeing and loving the space. I am a fabric ahollic and love the toile that was used on the chair. Is that a Kravet fabric? The Damask draperies out also lovely.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Decor

• amykath
    13 years ago

Super lovely!!!!

It looks nearly the same layout as my dining room in my former home.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• tuesday_2008
    13 years ago

Very pretty room!

I am shocked at how light Baby Turtle look on your chairs as well as juddgirl's cabient. Did you glaze your chairs also.

I have BT in a bath and it it dark! Like almost olive.

Tuesday

• palimpsest
    13 years ago

It looks good: I think that is a better color for the chairs and table.

• loribee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you sooo much!

Aktillery, if I had seen your pix before, I would have copied you for SURE...heck, I still may!! :)

BTW, Hubs is very happy and appreciative of us using his family set & all the supportive comments of blending in the family MCM furniture.

• cliff_and_joann
    13 years ago

That room looks so pretty and unique.
    You should be proud.
    Joann

• amykath
    13 years ago

You are sweet Lori... but your room is so beautiful and it is perfect the way it is. I love the painting with the buffet under and the curtains and the rest of it all tie in so nicely. It has a wonderful cozy feel and a unique charm. Love it.

Amy

• loribee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Joann...such a compliment coming from you~~~
    & Amy, that was very kind! I showed my daughter your pix and she said imagine - they have color! LOL. I guess she's sick of my neutral home??

• amykath
    13 years ago

Haha! I think your room has lots of color! It certainly doesn't have to be in the paint. You have colorful art and accents and window treatments. Lovely!

• loribee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Amy...I will tell my daughter what you said! :)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths