Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Darker Tile Choice for Small Bathroom with lots of lite

Posted by springvillegardens (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 10:26

we just demo'd the shower and realize we have two lights in the bathroom and a window which makes it very bright in the bathroom during the day and at night. We are now thinking of a darker tile, but still not sure if we should put the same tile on floor as the shower. we plan on an expresso black vanity with a white sink, the bathroom is so small the vanity can only be 24 inches in width.

link is for the light tile choice for the small bathroom.

what do you think of this darker choice, dh and I both tend to like a darker palate as opposed to a lighter one

Here is a link that might be useful: Light Tile Samples

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Darker Tile Choice for Small Bathroom with lots of lite

I'd say don't be afraid of the dark. A few years ago, I'd call what you have here "dark" but then we remodeled a basement bathroom. Because it would be used primarily by the men in our family, I left the choices up to them. They chose a dark, dark tile (with black, slate, chocolate tones and a slight sheet), and we used it on the floor and in the shower. It's my favorite bathroom in the house--the darkness is warm and cozy. Proper lighting keeps it functional. If you like a darker color scheme, I wouldn't hesitate to go even darker than what you have here.

o
RE: Darker Tile Choice for Small Bathroom with lots of lite

I also like dark tile for some bathrooms but of the two, I prefer your original combination.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here