|we just demo'd the shower and realize we have two lights in the bathroom and a window which makes it very bright in the bathroom during the day and at night. We are now thinking of a darker tile, but still not sure if we should put the same tile on floor as the shower. we plan on an expresso black vanity with a white sink, the bathroom is so small the vanity can only be 24 inches in width. |
link is for the light tile choice for the small bathroom.
what do you think of this darker choice, dh and I both tend to like a darker palate as opposed to a lighter one
Here is a link that might be useful: Light Tile Samples
|I'd say don't be afraid of the dark. A few years ago, I'd call what you have here "dark" but then we remodeled a basement bathroom. Because it would be used primarily by the men in our family, I left the choices up to them. They chose a dark, dark tile (with black, slate, chocolate tones and a slight sheet), and we used it on the floor and in the shower. It's my favorite bathroom in the house--the darkness is warm and cozy. Proper lighting keeps it functional. If you like a darker color scheme, I wouldn't hesitate to go even darker than what you have here.|
|I also like dark tile for some bathrooms but of the two, I prefer your original combination.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here