Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zoey75

Photo Gallery Wall

zoey75
12 years ago

I would love to do a photo gallery wall in my dining room. I have no idea where to start. Can you please share some pics of yours...I was also thinking of adding some objects into the gallery like a inital or something? Thanks so much!!!!

Comments (26)

• madtown_2006_gw
    12 years ago

Do you use Pinterest? You might search there, or google images, for inpiration pics. I just started following someone on Pinterest who posts all kinds of picture-hanging ideas. I don't have a gallery wall myself so I don't have much to contribute, picture wise. Actually, I guess we do have two small groupings in the LR, and one includes an initial, so I'll post that! Good luck! Gallery walls look really nice and I'm excited to see if some other GWers will post their own.

This is a terrible picture, but you get the idea!

• Sueb20
    12 years ago

I have this along my front stairs. All photos except for one ceramic heart.

• allison0704
    12 years ago

I wrote a how to when I did DD2's LR picture wall. It has objects in it as well. Hope this helps:

Here is a link that might be useful: Randomly Spaced Picture Wall How To

• pammyfay
    12 years ago

Sueb -- that heart is adorable there!

• coco4444
    12 years ago

sueb20... beautiful stairway. That's the look I was going for in my dining room. My only constants were frame colour (in my case black) and distance between them. I mixed sizes, matted vs. none, B&W vs. colour, frame style. Orignially I laid them all out on my dining room table to get the pattern and a good mix, then started by placing the biggest frames.
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• daisychain01
    12 years ago

Check out the gallery walls in this house on cote de texas

Here is a link that might be useful: same frames

• ttodd
    12 years ago

My first:

My office:

Almost done:

Current (2 stacked yard longs will go above the fireplace):

• nini804
    12 years ago

Here's mine! It is in my breakfast room. I plan to add 3 large square face shots along the top, and fill in along the sides.

• ttodd
    12 years ago

Daisychain - I just got done looking through your link. Fabulous! Thanks so much for posting it!

• zoey75
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all so much!!!

This has gave me so many great ideas..

• daisychain01
    12 years ago

Almost as fabulous as your gorgeous walls, ttodd.

• muskokascp
    12 years ago

Nice to see the different groupings. I am just about to start sorting through pictures to start a wall of our own.

madtown - a tip. If you lower your grouping so the top of the pictures are just above the top of the lamp shades it will be a more cohesive look. Right now they are out there by themselves and need to be anchored with the table and lamp. My Mom is an interior designer and if I learned anything from her, it is that most people hang their pictures way too high. Try lowering them a bit and see what you think.

• madtown_2006_gw
    12 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion! I need to replace some of the frames anyway so this would be a good time to make some changes!

• cloub
    12 years ago

I just finished a gallery wall on my back staircase. I would determine what frames you want to use... all black, all white, wood, a combination, etc. Once you get your frames, I recommend tracing them on paper, cutting them out and taping them to the wall so you can move them around and put together an arrangement you like. Then you can put up the frames without making a bunch of unnecessary nail holes.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: gallery wall

• Ilene Perl
    12 years ago

I always wanted a photo gallery wall, but could never figure out where to put it...what wonderful idea!
    ilene

• mtnrdredux_gw
    12 years ago

TTodd, I love love your office. It is gorgeous, and dare i say, timeless.

• lala girl
    12 years ago

hi - we also have two in our dining room - here they are - HTH!

• amykath
    12 years ago

Wow!!!! What gorgeous rooms you all have! Love all the frames. They make a room so special, unique and cozy. Amazing job!

The hardest part would be keeping them all straight. I am sure there is a trick for that.

• cloub
    12 years ago

@laurainlincoln.... love your dining room!! Have you posted any other pictures of your home? I'd love to see more of your kitchen.

• coco4444
    12 years ago

aktillery... good point. I keep mine straight with a little bit of rolled up masking/painters tape on the bottom corners of each frame. Just enough to keep them from moving, but nothing too permanent.

• ttodd
    12 years ago

laurainlicoln - very pretty!

I don't mind one bit when one or two pictures go off kilter. I think that it just announces that things are gonna get knocked around and eventually I'll fix it, or change it vibe. A little crookedness here and there works for me.

I must say though that it is probably a lot easier to get away w/ crookedness when there are 40-50 pictures on the wall instead of 10 or so.

• lala girl
    12 years ago

I use the rolled masking tape also or some of that sticky putty (can't remember the name of that stuff) in the corners and it keeps things mostly level, at least until the soccer ball start boucning thru....

- thanks cloub for your niceness, my album is public so just click on a photo and it should show you everything (including pre-renovation pics, which are a bit bleak :) I think that should work - tx!

• User
    12 years ago

TTodd, your office is one of my favorite rooms in the universe. The photos, the architecture, the minimal furnishings all work together to make a cohesive space that just looks right and perfect. I don't know what kind of work you do in there, but I am sure it is enhanced by your surroundings!.

• sundownr
    12 years ago

I think ttodd's is my favorite, too! But for me, I don't have the patience to do what she did. :) Also, I couldn't make a decision about which photos to use so I did mine to be "temporary" or easy to change out.

Here's the "before"

{{!gwi}}

Here's the after. This pic was taken improperly with a wide angle lens so it's all kind of skewed. Of course you'll have to use your imagination to see it with your pictures but I still like the shelves. (If I were to do it again I would make the shelves a little deeper.)

{{!gwi}}

Here's a head-on shot that it's in proportion.

{{!gwi}}

AND - I found the inspiration photo! Looking at it again, I may need to frame some of mine. :)

{{!gwi}}

• ttodd
    12 years ago

Thanks guys! My desk is primarily used as a dumping ground but all of the little cubbies and drawers hold all of my decorating stuff so I always know where to find it. There are leather club chairs in there now & DH's massive desk on the other side of the room w/ multiple computers. The 'men' of the house like to game together in there. We do a lot of chit chatting in there too.

Sundownr - I like those inspiration pics a lot. Of course now I'm wondering where to do that!

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath