Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cheryll1952

Help! Dining room color woes

cheryll1952
13 years ago

I am trying to find the perfect somewhat muted warm blue (medium to light) wall color to go over the top of my white panel mould wainscotting in my dining room and can't seem to find anything that is pretty during the day (south facing room) without being too bright, but doesn't go muddy under typical moody dining room lighting in the evening. I want somewhat beachy, light and airy without going to bedroom/bathroom pastel.

So far, my daylight pick is SW Comfort Gray. It's a beautiful muted blue gray with a hint of green during the day. Not too dark, not too light. I've also seen pictures of it on blogs (daylight photos) and it's beautiful there also, but I've not seen night photos. Unfortunately, it goes to this pretty ugly muddy gray pea green color at night under dining room lighting, in spite of whatever type of light bulb I put in there. I don't want to make my dining room as bright as an operating room to keep my color pretty while we eat dinner.

Others I've tried are BM Beach Glass, which seems to go too blue, SW Sea Salt which is a bit too light, as is SW Rainwashed, and Valspar Jekyll Grand Dining Sea Mist and I'm currently painting a test sample of SW Quietude.

I've seen blog photos of SW Interesting Aqua, and also BM Iced Marble, which both look beautiful during the day, but I'm wondering what they look like under the lower moodier dining room lighting at night.

Does anyone out there have a warm muted blue to aqua paint color that is both beautiful in daylight and also in lower lighting? I'm pretty much open to anything that is not cool and icy because there is a lot of tans/camel in my house.

Comments (9)