Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_129235

Rug Love - Ever see something like this? Over the top floral.

Boopadaboo
11 years ago

I fell in love with this rug I saw on pinterest. I figured I would never see it again. but pinned it anyway....

{{!gwi}}

Source: via Boopadaboo on Pinterest

I figured I would never see anything like it again. Of course, I was wrong, and eureka! a few weeks later there is was on ebay. I couldnt' believe my luck. Then, I saw the pricetag. OUCH!

It is listed for $15k. :( It says it is from the 20's.

Have you ever seen a rug like this? Just wondering if there is any hope of finding a similar cheaper version, or if I should block it from my mind :)

I know it is a bit over the top, but I love it.

Comments (16)

• chispa
    11 years ago

It is bright!! I found the rug of my dreams at the design center in LA ... it was $95K. I told the guy it was cruel to display it on the wall and have everything else look blah!

If everything about it is true and it is al least 9 x 12, then the $15k might not be unreasonable. I don't think I've ever seen something like this in my searches, but I wouldn't have been looking for these colors,.

• Jamie
    11 years ago

It reminds me of antique Bakhtiari floral rugs I used to see.
    The colors of the ones I've seen are less bright than your rug, though.
    These particular rugs weren't selling as well when I was looking (90's) as were the panel style ones.

But in general I don't think the Bakhtiaris were as popular as were the old Kirmans and Herizs. I bet you could find some hanging around rug shops in the Boston area. The kind of shops I'm thinking about, if they are still in business, would not have web sites showing all the rugs, I don't believe.

• angies66
    11 years ago

You can find cheaper rugs similar to that by searching for
    'aubusson rugs'. Most of the time the colors will not be as vibrant as the rug you have posted, but they will certainly be the florals. By the way, look for the french style aubusson, not the chinese aubusson, they are two completely different looks.
    I am going to try to post a link to one on ebay right now that is similar to what you have posted. Hope it works.

Here is a link that might be useful: aubusson rug

• 66and76
    11 years ago

Go to EBAY. Type in a search for Bessarabian rug.
    You might also search for Caucasian rugs or Moldavian rugs.

Most are very floral and colorful.

Good luck with your search!

• Boopadaboo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

:) It is bright Chispa. I think it would be a happy rug to wake up to.

Jamies, angie and pink paula, thank you so much! I know have a place to start looking. I appreciate it!

I always thought of aubusson rugs as needlepoint for some reason so the ad on ebay wasn't making sense to me.

• busybee3
    11 years ago

if you look closely at the 2nd picture you posted, it does sortof look like it's needlepoint-like... the 1st picture you posted is alittle blurry and looks like it could be plush, but the 2nd picture doesn't look like it is.

• anele_gw
    11 years ago

Not the flowers, but the colors are very similar-- I love it!

{{!gwi}}

Handmade Persian rug Tabriz 13'1' x 10'2' - $3500

• palimpsest
    11 years ago

It reminds me of this historic room from Lansdowne House.

• Rory (Zone 6b)
    11 years ago

This is from my local CLs. The rug is not nearly as colorful but when I saw the one that you posted it made me think of this one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rug

• lazydaisynot
    11 years ago

Anthropologie has some exuberant floral rugs with bright colors. A very different style than your rug, though.

• Boopadaboo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

That is a gorgeous room Pal~

Thanks again - I have found some interesting rugs with your help. :)

Now to convince DH we need a rug in our MB.

Some I found...

I really like this although it is not as bright as I was thinking...

and from a local place... I wonder how much this will go for at auction. I have to measure. It might be too long.

{{!gwi}}

• Circus Peanut
    11 years ago

Boop -- Here's one that's a good deal at $1200 for a 9'x12'. (I've purchased vintage rugs from this seller before and he's quite reputable.)
    It's a nice wool cabbage rose wilton:

Here is a link that might be useful: link to eBay auction page

• Jamie
    11 years ago

These showed up to day and reminded me of you...

Here is a link that might be useful: Myhabit site of Amazon

• Boopadaboo
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I know this is an old thread, but I think I found one! :) At an auction place near me. Not as colorful, but I am in love! and it is pretty big which is great 12x17 (I hope they measured this correctly it looks narrower, but that might be OK). IF it is 17 feet long that means it will even work now and not look that funny with the family bed (a king and queen together) we have in the master.

• User
    9 years ago

This is what I'm going to have when I win the lottery. I'll rip up the wall to wall, do something to the old painted pine boards under it and have a gorgeous rug on top of them. I WANT!

• chloenkitty
    9 years ago

Wow I love that rug. The colors are gorgeous!