If so, I really hate that you can't see details in the smaller pics any longer

Jim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are Pictures Now Auto-sized here...

Seems so?

o

I think they were already being auto-sized, a featured that was introduced at the same time that the camera icon was implemented. But now they are much smaller--maybe to conserve band width, or to make it more convenient for dial-up users. If I don't re-size pics before posting, it takes much longer for the upload (same as for photobucket).

I liked the larger pictures better, too, and even though 'control/+' is an option, some detail is lost. If one clicks on a pic, there is a larger view, or the image hosting site is accessed.

**On another thread, I noticed that I can use the edit feature to add another picture, but if I try to add yet another picture, the last one is then deleted. Any one else had this experience?

This post was edited by mama_goose on Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 10:41

o

This helps:

Right click on pic > then click on View Image to open,,,it's the same orig size.

o

Or you can just click the photo and it will take you to the original. The problem is that it doesn't seem to work consistently with pre-changeover threads with photos in them.

o

Seems that way when I've used it, and I'm sure they do to conserve resources. The function seems to be a little fluky.

o

I think they always were when Spike was here, but then that changed, and now with "conservation," I suppose that rule could have returned.

o

I understand why they would do it, but it makes it annoying to look at photos! I hate the change.

o

I officially hate this change too. :( My pictures are all squishy and distorted looking.

o

You think these are bad, boop, go take a look at some of the gardening forums. The distortions are hideous, simply hideous.

o

Ditto what others said. I hate this change! Bothersome to try to click to enlarge.

o

I've noticed if I put a picture from my photobucket here, I get the large size. If I upload from the computer, it's smaller. And it takes much longer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here