Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What colour paint with turquoise bedding?

Posted by canadianmiss (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 28, 11 at 9:45

I have chosen turquoise bedding for my guest room. Black iron bed, white furniture.

What colour for walls? Is white the best option?

Here is a link that might be useful: Bedding

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What colour paint with turquoise bedding?

I'm not picturing it with white. My first reaction is a warm gray. That's very lively bedding so I would do calm walls and get the rest of my pop through accents (deep orange is lovely with turqooise). I think white walls make most spaces too harsh, especially bedrooms.

o

Gray? Wow..that would look beautiful. Will give it a try, thank you :)

o

What about a light "orange sherbet" type color? Several years ago, someone painted a lovely master bedroom that color.

I have a color in my house that is a dusty orange and love it--Duron 'Basque Brown'. However, I don't think it's "playful" enough for your happy turquoise. It's "dusty" instead of "bright"--if that makes sense.

o

That's my backsplash pattern!!! Arabesques!!

I think a nice gray would work too. But beware, grays were almost the death of me. Make sure to bring home samples because they really do change depending on your light. They can look green, they can look blue, and even purple.

o

I'd use a light muted coral.

o

I'd go a crisp and very light green. Lime or Celery(ish)

o

I think all of the above suggestions work but I'd lean toward a nice soft gray with coral accents. I've also seen that color wth a light goldish/yellow wall and it looked pretty as well.

o

The photo shows a light dove gray wall (or maybe just the way the shadows fall it looks like it on my monitor). That's a good color for the turquoise, which is lovely.

o

How about a light aqua/turquoise since the bedding is more vibrant? Colors I like are BM Paladian Blue or BM Jamacian Aqua. A lime would also work as well. While I like the suggestion for coral accents, I would steer clear of painting the room that color. I had painted my DD's room that color once and it look awful--esp. in the afternoon sun and with hardwood floors.

o

Hmmm....here it is, illustrated:

Here is a link that might be useful: Turquoise fabric with grey walls

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here