Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msrose

Which color sink do you like?

msrose
11 years ago

Which color sink do you think would look best in my kitchen? I'm not sure if I should get something close to the color of granite or close to the color of the faucet and darker cabinets.

My kitchen:

Taj Mahal granite I'm thinking about getting:

Faucet:

Siligranit Biscuit
{{!gwi}}

Siligranit Truffle
{{!gwi}}

Siligranit Cafe Brown
{{!gwi}}

Biscuit

Truffle

This post was edited by msrose on Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 9:49

Comments (29)

• lynxe
    11 years ago

Do the last two images (the ones with sinks installed) show Taj Mahal granite? Judging from those images alone, I like Truffle better than Biscuit. (I don't care for Cafe Brown at all.) However, I think your decision should also include the floor, wall, and backsplash colors, and I'm having difficulty with those; perhaps others will have opinions.

• kitchendetective
    11 years ago

I prefer the truffle-- pretty contrast with the mp!

• msrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm pretty sure the last two pictures are Taj Mahal, but it may have been Madre Perla. The slab I found definitely has warm beige tones without the gray. I'm waiting until the granite is installed to pick out the backsplash. The floor will eventually change, but that will probably be a while. I'm thinking of travertine at this time.

• Vertise
    11 years ago

Your stone looks creamy and beige. I like the biscuit!

• msrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I couldn't find the brown with Taj Mahal, but here it is with a lighter countertop

[Traditional Kitchen design[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/traditional-kitchen-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_709~s_2107) by Cleveland Kitchen And Bath Cabinet-S-Top

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

If the biscuit is the same shade as the counter I would go for that, but if it is any lighter than the counter I would go with the truffle. I don't care for the brown sink, even though it might match your faucet better. It's nice that you have so many nice color options to choose from.

• carolt924
    11 years ago

Have you looked at Biscotti, it seems to have the same depth of color as the Truffle only in a gold/brown color which may do well with the beige in your granite?

• busybee3
    11 years ago

if it was a great match/look color wise, i would go with truffle.
    i have seen some black sinks and water marks are an issue with the dark sinks- have to wipe them dry after each use if you don't want to see them...i'd be afraid the dk brown would be the same... the truffle is probably light enough.

• k9arlene
    11 years ago

Agree that the maintenance of a dark sink would be a pita.

• msrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Carol - I didn't even think about the Biscotti. I asked Blanco to send me color samples of the other three, so I may have to request Biscotti also.

There's a part of me that really loves the Truffle and I thought it might be a good choice since it's a medium tone. I'm just worried it might have some cool colors in it that don't look good with the warm tones in my cabinets and the rest of my house. I guess it will help to see the actual samples. I also like the dark brown, but I did worry about water spots.

• dakota01
    11 years ago

I have the cafe brown because my granite is way darker than yours and I have lots of brown & black in it. I would match/blend the sink with the granite not the faucet. From the pics truffle looks like it blends well. You don't want your sink to be the star of the kitchen,

• corgimum
    11 years ago

I have the truffle color and I would describe it as a neutral taupe. I love it!

• texanjana
    11 years ago

I prefer the truffle.

• Oakley
    11 years ago

The truffle is pretty, but I think the biscuit would go with just about anything. One thing to consider before you go dark is the hardness of your water.

Corgimum, does the truffle show every little bit of food that may be on the sink? I'm wondering if it has to be wiped down all the time. It is a pretty color though.

• lizzie_grow
    11 years ago

We have the silgranite blanco (one basin.large) & LOVE it!! I prefer the biscuit with your proposed granite....

• muse-decor.com
    11 years ago

I think the truffle has a more contemporary feel. Definitely my fave!

• msrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

corgimum - What color are your countertops?

• lorichats
    11 years ago

mrose-I just installed Taj Mahal in my master bathroom....and absolutely love it....I am sure you will love yours too!

• corgimum
    11 years ago

My counters are Silestone Quasar.

• Vertise
    11 years ago

Truffle appears to be a gray or a greige. Have you seen it in person? How would you describe your stone? Does it have any gray in it? It looks like beiges and creams from here.

• corgimum
    11 years ago

Oakleyok- No, truffle doesn't need to be wiped down constantly. I just spray water around the base of the sink to move soap suds and particles to the drain after I wash dishes. I do not wipe it down much at all. It's a very forgiving color.

• bronwynsmom
    11 years ago

I love the truffle, particularly with the veining in your countertop choice, and the darker faucet.

I think you should pick the one you like best, which seems to be truffle...?

• lynxe
    11 years ago

After all this discussion - has the granite actually been chosen, bought, and installed? As I looked at your kitchen again, I found myself wondering whether a countertop and sink with some green tones might not be interesting.

• msrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

snookums - No, Taj Mahal does not have gray and that's my concern with Truffle. I really like it though.

Born2Run - Oh! I'd love to see pictures.

Corgimum - Thanks. I think the colors are actually similar to Taj Mahal, except I see a touch of gray in yours.

Lynxe - I haven't bought the granite yet. I have a guy coming tomorrow to measure and give me an estimate. I currently love green, but my taste is constantly changing, so I'm trying to stick to neutral colors on the big items. My house is decorated with green accents right now. How'd you know I love green!

• lynxe
    11 years ago

"How'd you know I love green!"

I have ESP. ;)

Actually, I was wondering what colors would work well with your cabinets. I am NO color expert, so take the following with a shaker or two of salt, but -

the undertones (if that's the correct term) in your cabinets look orange/gold/yellow to me. Your proposed countertop material's undertones look pink. I realize monitors lie, of course.

However, that's what I see, and I have read that one should be wary of assuming that, just because something presumably is a neutral, it will go with everything. I'm not sure pinkish undertones work with orange or gold ones. However, greens could work with them. Hence, my countertop suggestion. I didn't necessarily mean a true green - I was thinking in terms of a brownish green, if there is such a thing.

Before, I was focused on your sink choices and failed to factor in the cabinets.

I now bow before the true color experts on this forum. Let's see whether they support me or think the undertone issue is irrelevant and a non-issue.

• msrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

corgimum - Do you have a picture of your kitchen that shows the countertops and sink. I got an email from blanco today saying they are just now mailing out my color samples and I hired a granite guy yesterday, so I may have to make a decision on the sink before the samples get here. Do you think the countertops need to have a touch of gray in it to look good with Truffle or do you think an all beige countertop like mine will match? It's just so hard to tell from the pictures if it leans towards a cool grayish color or more of a warm beige.

• sweeby
    11 years ago

Do you want the eye drawn to your sink?
    If so, go for contrast.
    If not, go for blending in.

As someone who is not a clean-sink-fanatic, I prefer my sink to NOT be a focal point...

• msrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I just wanted to thank everyone for helping me with my sink choice. Even though I was worried about Truffle looking too gray, I took a chance and went with it anyway. It looks great with the granite and in person, it definitely looks taupe instead of gray. I took a picture, but it looks gray in the picture, so that's not really helpful :)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler