Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! New Roof Color & Exterior Color Scheme

Posted by Deb2601 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 18, 14 at 9:34

Hi, Please any Ideas on new roof color and color scheme. I live in Florida and thinking a lighter color roof, maybe lite gray or lite tannish. Tan would blend with bricks more mono chromatic( maybe house would look larger) or gray would contrast(maybe ground house) I really don't know ! I may be way off. Also painting garage to blend in, is important,not such a focal point.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! New Roof Color & Exterior Color Scheme

There you go! Someone responded in the other thread, btw. go back and read it, and my post. I added how to get rid of your post on that thread so you don't have two going.

Now you have your own thread!

I think a gray roof would clash with the stone work on your house. I think red cedar shakes would be beautiful and make the stone work and the wood trim look great.

o

GAF Timberline Architectural Shingles. Your roof needs dimension so it's not so very flat.

I like the 2 colors I circled.

o

I think the Barkwood would look nice on her house. weathered wood is too gray, I think, for the woodwork and the stone work on the house. I think the Shakewood would look nice too.

o

Have you tried driving around the neighborhood to see what roof colors houses with similar brick and siding colors have? Or cleaning and sanding the cedar to lighten it a little? I had the same color cedar shutters with a similar color brick and changed from a brown to a Timberline Weathered Wood roof. Once the shutters were sanded, it looked nice, but I ended up painting them anyway since I wanted a change. SW Oak Creek for shutters and SW Riverway for door. I think the HGTV Neutral Nuance color palette might offer some good options for color schemes. Or try going to any paint store and looking at the exterior color combos that they put together. I also think that the GAF Mission Brown would be a good roof color. It's a good compromise between Weathererd Wood and Barkwood.

o

For roof, I like the browns as well, barkwood or shakewood. The front door recedes because it's dark. How about a bright, peppy color for the front door? Not sure what. Maybe some kind of blue? The brick is light, and I think some lighter colors would brighten up the house and then you can do some fun, focus point colors with the door and the shutters.

o

Try this site out -- you won't find the exact material that are on your house but the colors can come close. I liked the Aged Oak for your house.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gaf color selector

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here