Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd

Dash & Albert Upcharge?

ttodd
11 years ago

Have my sofa and wall color. Need to determine which art & that will determine which D&A rug.

I have a question though for those of you who have purchased D&A rugs. Where did you get them, in store or on-line? Did you pay an additional $40 S&H for a 6x9' or larger rug if you bought it at a store?

For a 6x9' rug the store wants to charge me an additional $40 S&H to their store since they do not stock that size.

Is that a common practice?

I called D&A and they said that I would pay that upcharge anywhere for a large rug.

Comments (10)

• outsideplaying_gw
    11 years ago

I don't know the answer, but I was just looking at rugs in the Garnet Hill catalog last night and saw a small one (3'x5') I liked for a half bath. Then I noticed it was a Dash and Albert and took 3-4 weeks for delivery. I was going to look online today as a matter of fact, and I'll sure be paying attention to the shipping charges.

• PRO
    acdesignsky
    11 years ago

Dash and Albert has a pricing policy that means retailers must charge the same amount, so it's hard to find deals. I did mange to use a coupon for 20% off online. It was apparently a mistake on their end, but they honored it.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    11 years ago

I've only bought them direct from DNA, but I have noticed that almost everyone who carries DNA always carries the bath mat size. I love DNA and have a several . They have such great colors . Elizabeth eakins has similar but far more pricey unless you catch their sales.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    11 years ago

I've only bought them direct from DNA, but I have noticed that almost everyone who carries DNA always carries the bath mat size. I love DNA and have a several . They have such great colors . Elizabeth eakins has similar but far more pricey unless you catch their sales.

• wi-sailorgirl
    11 years ago

I have purchased at least five Dash and Albert rugs: all online. I've never paid anything for shipping. By the same token, as angc mentioned, D&A goes out of their way to make sure their products aren't discounted. If the upcharge was for shipping to a store, I guess I'd just go find it online with free shipping. If it was just the upcharge because it's a larger size, that's different. I'm all about supporting local stores, but for $40 difference, I'm sorry, they have to do more to earn my business.

Layla Grayce and of course the D&A website directly are two places I've ordered from with free shipping in the past but so many places carry them now.

• sis2two
    11 years ago

I've ordered online only. I did find a store about 25 miles away that carries them but not in the large sizes, so it to would have to be ordered. It's been so long ago, I can't remember about an up charge.

• Janice742
    11 years ago

I have an 8x10 in my office and did not pay an up charge through D&A website.

Purchased it a couple of months ago.

• ttodd
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks! I'm not looking for deals per se' to get the rug any cheaper or wtg. for sales. I know that D&A has a fair price policy & supports local retailers.

Granted I've never bought a large rug new but I was a little surprised that I would have to pay an extra $40 S&H to the store. That seemed odd - in all of my yrs. in home goods retail I've never encountered having to ask anyone to pay me (the store) extra money for S&H to get something in. Maybe that's one of the many reasons that store went out of business lol!

I guess I figure that if I'm going to have to pay that much in S&H and still have to pick it up at the store, then I may as well bypass the store, order it online for the same price and have it delivered right to my home. Who wants to wrestle w/ a 6x9 rug getting it in and out of doors, cars & traipsing it up and down sidewalks to get it home?

When I went through a trial run order on the D&A site the S&H for it was $25. Still less than the store's S&H charge to me.

• theclose
    11 years ago

Hi!

Someone mentioned buying D&A rugs at Layla Grace. They are running a 25% off for Valentines day. Code: LOVELG. Expires tonight at midnight EST. Good luck!

• StellaMarie
    11 years ago

Keep an eye on Joss and Main. I got two of the indoor/outdoor rugs at discounted prices. (Often they're listed at full price, too, like many things on that site, so just double check first.) I know J&M sometimes has the wool rugs, too, but I haven't followed those as closely to know whether they're really a deal.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES