Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ellendi_gw

Did Houzz change?

ellendi
10 years ago

I haven't looked at this site in a while. I just looked today and noticed that the little tags were missing from the photos. You could click on the tags for information on the product, wall color etc.
Is this no longer a feature? To me, that is what made the site worthwhile.

Comments (8)

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

I just checked it, also via the ipad app, and it worked fine AND I only had to click the tag once.

• User
    10 years ago

Not every person that uploads photos tags them. I've uploaded and tagged only a master photo for a project and then just uploaded the subsequent photos without. You might check to see if there are more photos of the project available that might be tagged. It's pretty time consuming to do, so I'd bet that a lot of newer photos may not get around to doing it at all.

• beekeeperswife
    10 years ago

Anybody can add a tag to your photos too in case they recognize an item in the photo. Kind of scary, especially when vendors try to put their name on an item that is similar to one in the picture. My arabesque tiles come to mind in particular. As you may recall, the beveled arabesque is quite different than a flat one and it has a whole other dimension to the tile, but there have been tile vendors putting their tag on it saying that they sell it also. I have been able to get incorrect info removed.

Another big one is the paint color! There are a few so called experts who are always saying "A similar color to the paint color is ______". That is frustrating because they are not right a lot of the time.

That's why on my photos I always try to give as much information as possible in the description, and not have people rely on those tags.

• ellendi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, it did not occur to be that the tags could be incorrect.
    I guess in some respects it can give you a starting point, but now I know to double check.

• crl_
    10 years ago

beekeeperswife, that is good to know! I didn't realize just anyone could change the tags. Thank you.

• PRO
    In Detail Interiors
    9 years ago

Only the professional who uploaded the photos or the Editorial team are supposed to be able to tag the photos. As a designer I do NOT want my photos tagged and would be furious if someone else did it.

• Emily H
    9 years ago

HI all, In Detail is correct - Only the professional who uploaded the photo or the Editorial team can add the green tags to a photo. Hope that helps clarify!

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville