Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Porter Cable Upholstery Gun, Need Staples

Posted by anthonygeo (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 16, 13 at 8:33

So anyone familiar with this product (US58)? With brad nailers you can find brads anywhere in town but staples is another question. Anyone know of an off brand that can be used instead? I can only find 20 gauge 1/2 instead of the recommended 22 gauge 3/8. Ive seen some heavy duty Arrow staples but those are for manual staplers (with no mention of the gauge).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Porter Cable Upholstery Gun, Need Staples

That was easy! See link at Amazon.com for the staples in the size you want that used for your gun.

I got there by Googling your staple gun, and then looking at the staples sold for it.

Here is a link that might be useful: B & C Eagle 71/10 3/8-Inch by 22 Gauge Galvanized Staple

o

If you can find them, a stainless staple would be much better. I got the ones linked above and every single one that had to be removed broke easily. I dread what a project it will be if I ever have to reupholster the chairs I did with those galvanized staples. That said, I've not found anything better on Amazon yet. I was thinking of trying to find an upholstery supply place or something before I do my next project.

o

US38G
US12G
US58G
Which length do you want ?
Porter Cable site sends you Amazon for the 5/8

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003XXAJU2/ref=nosim/13272130-20?s=merchant

o

FYI I know what staples I need off the the amazon site and manual what I'm asking is what off brand staples (hardware store) can be used. I already ordered staples but I was needing something for a weekend project. I was amazed no one in town sells upholstery staples.

o

If you have an ACE hardware nearby, call them. They carry various types for Porter Cable. The ones on the site are half price right now. Not sure if they are the right fit.

o

Sorry~Misunderstood.I've never had a problem interchanging the brand of staples.
Senco
Arrow
Stanley
Surebonder
Bostitch
Get the right size and guage~Read the back of the box.
Finding the size you want may be difficult.
Here is where size matters not manufacture.
Will these work ?

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Depot

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here