|I am looking at a house that is beautifully finished and is a great investment (separate rental home on site). I think it is not selling because of the unusual layout. It is a very large home in sq footage but has a non traditional layout. It has these 2 living areas but no formal DR. The 2 story area is 23x14 and the other wood room is 21x13. The wood room is directly across from the kitchen. The kitchen has a large 12x16 casual eating area but my husband would also like a formal DR using the set we own (pictured). We use the DR for Easter, Thanksgiving and when we have a meal for more than 4 adults which might be another 2-4 times a year. |
So in these 2 large living areas I would like to have a casual TV family room and formal dining room. Somewhere I would also need a desk/office/homework space. Where would you put the formal DR set? Where would you make your main living area?
Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of house to decorate
|Lovely house with so many possibilities. I think using the wood room is the wisest choice as it abuts the kitchen which makes it handy yet large enough for a group sitting. Most would prefer the larger room for the living room family space. What a luxury to have an older home with lots of space.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here