|Have a four-panel wooden room divider which is empty. Want a light and cheerful look on both sides. Have wondered about fabric, of course, and even wall paper. Suggestions for something different would be greatly appreciated.|
|mirror tiles...decoupage...hang pictures on it or attach them to the wood.|
|I have two room dividers which currently have anaglypta type wallpaper that I did a paint treatment on. However recently in a store I saw a divider made of 3 vintage doors that had gathered sheer fabric. I'm planning to do that with one of mine - it was a lovely soft look for a bedroom. I'm planning to glue old dress patterns in each section of the other one. |
~Stretch yarn or twine between tacks from top to bottom. Or buy one of those bead curtains and use the beaded strings.
~For a rustic look attach twigs.
~Fretwork panels are available at home improvement stores.
~Bamboo roll-up blinds could be cut and attached.
~Attach heavy rolled decorative gift wrap.
One can often find ideas for projects by wondering around building supply, craft, or dollar stores. Or let your fingers wonder the internet! :)
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here