Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Room Divider Ideas

Posted by pink_warm_mama_1 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 8:15

Have a four-panel wooden room divider which is empty. Want a light and cheerful look on both sides. Have wondered about fabric, of course, and even wall paper. Suggestions for something different would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Room Divider Ideas

mirror tiles...decoupage...hang pictures on it or attach them to the wood.

o
RE: Room Divider Ideas

I have two room dividers which currently have anaglypta type wallpaper that I did a paint treatment on. However recently in a store I saw a divider made of 3 vintage doors that had gathered sheer fabric. I'm planning to do that with one of mine - it was a lovely soft look for a bedroom. I'm planning to glue old dress patterns in each section of the other one.

Other ideas:

~Stretch yarn or twine between tacks from top to bottom. Or buy one of those bead curtains and use the beaded strings.

~For a rustic look attach twigs.

~Fretwork panels are available at home improvement stores.

~Bamboo roll-up blinds could be cut and attached.

~Attach heavy rolled decorative gift wrap.

One can often find ideas for projects by wondering around building supply, craft, or dollar stores. Or let your fingers wonder the internet! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here