|This chair is listed on CL today. It says it is a vintage "Kittenger" chair that needs reupholstering. Price is $75 OBO. I contacted the seller and the moving van is literally in the driveway ready to load it but she'd rather sell. |
Kittinger is obviously misspelled, I think. How can I tell if it's really a Kittinger? If it's not I'll likely pass. Not familiar with the label/branding in person. Thanks in advance.
|Kittinger is made in Buffalo, NY. |
Here's one possible label-
|I'd ask the seller to tell you how she knows it's Kittinger, for example, a label on the underside, that she can take take a photo of for you. |
I've linked a label on the underside of a Kittinger chair on eBay.
Here is a link that might be useful: Pair KITTINGER Chippendale Style Mahogany Upholstered Chairs
|Thanks arapaho and my3dogs. I passed on this even though the label was legit from what I could tell. I think it's too big for my LR, and I actually think what I have, while not a Kittinger, is a style I like better. Tough to pass on a legendary brand, but with reupholstering, I'd have some $$$ in it so it has to have the right bones in order to make sense. There are always other bargains to be had...and now I know how to spot the real Kittinger stuff if any more of it were to come my way. |
I appreciate your help!
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here