Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More Nailheads . . .

Posted by WMA89 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 7:10

Okay, just curious, can anyone identify what kind of a sofa this is? I assume the three cushions should actually be used on the back of the sofa. Is this some type of colonial reproduction, or a newish banquette? I've never seen anything quite like it!

Here is a link that might be useful: sofa listing

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More Nailheads . . .

That is a very unique piece- and I can't add much to it but if it is 68 inches that is quite small for 3 people ; that is more of a larger loveseat which would typically only seat 2. Just sayin' for clarification.

o

I wonder if we could respond to the ad and ask them to put those three 'seat' cushions up against the back so we can view it that way? Add me to list of 'I've never seen anything like that before'...

o

It's an antique version of a Knole style sofa.

o

It's awful!

o

It looks as if the cushions could be on wrong. I wonder how it would look if they were turned sideways?

o

Thank you, Beverly27. I learned something new today.
And kswl, I agree, it is awful!

o

Those cushions might either go across the back when turned, or perhaps across the seats once turned, but that sofa, looks to be in about perfect condition.

Placed in Downton Abbey like library, with some tapestry pillows, and a lot of people would ooh and aaah over it. Depending on the manufacturer, it's easy to assume that this sofa sold for somewhere around $3k to $5k originally.

On a cold day or night, it's the perfect place to read a book or snuggle with someone. I like it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here