Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
$6 Exterior Detail

Posted by mustangs (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 3:07

My house is pretty plain as is my budget; my intent was to add a little interest to the exterior. I bought 4 - 12" (.89 each) ceramic floor tiles and 4 - 4" (.45 each). I attached the 4" tiles to the 12" tiles, painted the 4" tiles the house base color and the 12" tiles the trim color. Then used liquid nails to attach them to the columns and over the fanlight windows.

Look for the 4 diamonds. It's not much but the price was right.

This post was edited by mustangs on Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 3:16

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: $6 Exterior Detail

Nice job. I wouldn't consider your home plain but adding the tile was a great idea and adds an interesting embellishment (at a great price).

o

Love it, what a big change for such a small amount of $$$ and size.

o

Plain? I think your house and setting are simply gorgeous! The tiles do add a bit of interest. Good idea!

o

Such a pretty house. What a great idea!

o

Well done!

o

Hi Mustangs! Wow, that is just lovely - your house was not plain to begin with imho, but you have made it special.

o

That does dress your home up! Great idea! Thanks for explaining how you did it.

o

Like!

o

Looks great! Just a little "bling". Looks like it was supposed to be there!

o

I agree your house is anything but plain---it's lovely, including the setting. LOVE those live oaks!

o

That is such a great idea. I am going to suggest it to my friend for her house! Your home looks gorgeous..and that lawn!

o

WOW, thanks for the compliments!

With limited budget for house upgrades, I try to do little things that end up not adding value or impact. I think this does so I wanted to share.

Hey Woodie, miss you being a regular on the CF.

o

Very nice! Thanks for sharing your idea.

o

Great bang for the buck (or 6 bucks!)!!!

o

The tile definitely adds visual interest to your home. Beautiful job!

o

What a great idea, thanks for sharing.

o

Wouldn't it be fun to know how much value that little detail added to your house by making it a bit more interesting!

Was that window on the left closed off for some reason or is that part of the original design?

o

Snookums, The window wasn't closed off, that was the original design and because I am anal about such things, it drives me crazy. The window thing and also, the house isn't centered on the lot, it is closer to one neighbor (as seen in the picture) than the neighbor on the other side.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here