Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redroze_gw

Help me choose hardware for my wall unit

redroze
10 years ago

Would appreciate advice on hardware colour for a built in for our living room. We are doing a white painted bookcase/fireplace built in for our living room and I'm struggling with hardware colour for it. The attached dining room has sconces and a crystal chandelier in polished nickel. The coffee table we are considering is also polished nickel base with a marble top. There's a buffet in the dining room that's dark wood and I think we will do oil rubbed bronze for the hardware for a dark tone-on-tone look. Seems the obvious choice for the bookshelf would also be pol nickel, but the side table between the two chairs is gold metal - it's beautiful and we got a great deal on it. I've always loved the warmth of gold...now I'm puzzled what to do on the bookshelf wall unit. Gold or antiqued brass, or will that be too much? Or maybe oil rubbed bronze to tie in to the dining room buffet? We also have two lamps going on the console behind the sofa and I'm thinking we can do those in gold too so the gold side table isn't the only gold in the room.

Layout:

Wall unit in living room, will be painted Chantilly Lace, a white. Marble surround will probably be white thassos which has no veining:

Coffee table for living room:

Gold side table:

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo of the rooms wall colour Pashmina

Comments (3)