Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 1:10
|My full view storm door has a brass handle that has gotten "spotty" from weather--rain, snow, etc. It once could be polished away with a soft cloth, but no longer. I'm reluctant to use any cleaner on it as I suspect it is treated with some sort of sealant. Ideas? Thoughts? Would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.|
|Brass is usually lacquered. You need to remove the lacquer, polish, remove all residue of the polish, and relacquer.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.