Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Warm white to off-white paint suggestions

Posted by Scarlett001 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 18, 14 at 0:51

Question is the title of the thread. I bought a new duvet for the guest bedroom, and I want the room to have a kind of cottage/shabby chic kind of feel. I am looking for a white to off-white paint that is warm in undertone - if possible, I would not like it to look grey or green at all in undertones etc. More warm and soft if that is possible. This is a north-facing bedroom.

Any ideas for a paint that might work for me?

Attached is photo of the duvet.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Warm white to off-white paint suggestions

BM Mascarpone

o

or BM Swiss Coffee

o

I used SW Honied White in my den and absolutely love it - it was a recco in the annual Elle Decor paint issue (I think that's right) I used it with SW Dover white trim color and it's got a nice cottage vibe. HTH!

o

BM White Dove. Trim of choice here on Cape Cod because of the whole cottage, beach, shabby chic thing.

Btw, what color did you decide on for the walls?

o

Valspar December Starlight (7003-7)

o

Very, very pale yellow. Pretty! I'd go to the hardware store and hold chips of the December Starlight next to trim color choices to see what works best with the DS.

o

Thank you for ideas.

I actually did decide to test neutral colours (off-whites) on the wall first, so this thread is for the wall colour.

I have a lot of colour in the house, and thought that I would go simple. If it does not work or looks grey, I can then test out lavender.

o

BM Cloud White.

o

BM mayonnaise.

o

Please let us know where you found that gorgeous duvet -- the colors are wonderful. Thank you

o

Love the duvet!

o

Love the duvet! Try SW Creamy.

o

Duvet is from Pottery Barn. :)

o

BM Simply White. Very white but so soft! If I hold true white up to it I can see that it is ever so slightly off white. I love looking at it in my alcove.

o

This is BM canvas

o

Oh, and I saw the suggestion of Mayonnaise by BM. I have that in my mudroom and looooove it (lots of natural light and vaulted ceiling). Mudroom BM Mayonnaise:
 photo 9_zps2179cf74.jpg
 photo 7_zps59fa2c2e.jpg
 photo 6_zps7c0f2d8d.jpg
 photo 3-1_zps8d85fdee.jpg

o

Ok, Foxes Pad. Only you would have a mudroom that looks like that! Gorgeous. Thanks for posting.

o

BM Natural Wicker might work. Had it in our master bedroom for several years.

o

Pretty duvet! Try Sherwin Williams Creamy or Antique White.

Foxes - love the mud room!

o

FoxesPad, that mud room looks extremely cozy. Love the idea with the picture frames above the door. I might be stealing it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here