Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
staticguard

Paint and Rug Suggestions

StaticGuard
10 years ago

Hi All -

Recently rented out this new place, and I have some time to paint and decorate before my furniture arrives. Most of the furniture is either black or dark brown, so I was wondering what wall color and rug style would match the floor tile and furniture. Having a tough time.

Thanks!

More pics:

http://i.imgur.com/hZ7wce6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iob0rVa.jpg

Comments (7)

• yayagal
    10 years ago

It would be good if you could tell us your style, what colors you prefer, do you have modern or traditional etc. We need hints from you in order to advise you. Also what will be in each room and the style of the furniture. For instance, if it were modern then then some rugs wouldn't work. You need to be more specific. You'll get lots of help here if you can elaborate your descriptions.

• StaticGuard
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks!

Modern would be best, as most of my furniture will be from IKEA. Most will be either black/brown. This is the living room and will have a couch, tv stand and set, and a little dining room table. I'm thinking a light blue color like Poolhouse for the walls, but can't figure out what color rug would work with my furniture and walls. Especially with the tile color, style.

• User
    10 years ago

I looked up the paint color which looks lovely but doesn't look so light. (is it Sherwin Williams 7603?).
    I would suggest browsing on overstock as there is a huge assortment. Just for starters,

Here is a link that might be useful: just one example

• StaticGuard
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks! What types of rugs would best go with that wall color, the floor, and black furniture?

• Olychick
    10 years ago

Your choices are almost endless, as lots of rugs will look good with modern furniture. So you kind of have to just search around for things that appeal to you. If you pick a few and then post them here, I'm sure you'll get lots of help. Maybe post which Ikea furniture you have or will be getting.

These might not be at all your taste, but just to get you started, I saw these:

good with black, maybe not so good with brown:
    {{!gwi}}

another:

or:

or:

• Faux68
    10 years ago

This type of dark furniture with a graphic rug would look really nice.

Try to imagine the wall of windows and fireplace as light blue walls and maybe that will help you make decisions with the walls and rug.

• StaticGuard
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yeah the wall color is a bit darker than I expected, but all these rug options are great! I never really experimented with modern designs, but I'm definitely feeling some of these.