Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to me table

Posted by merrygardener (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 25, 14 at 23:50

I'm so very excited! I bought our current dining table about 17 years ago and have never liked it. I found this Danish teak table (with two hidden leaves and 6 chairs) at an estate sale today and the wood (especially the details around the sides) is beautiful! Tell me $500 is a good buy!

Now I need to stash it in my neighbor's garage until I Craigslist mine away.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to me table

Good find for you! I love the table, and the wood looks nice to me. Seems like a reasonable price, is it in nice condition?

o

I LOVE it. It's fantastic. And yes, $500 is a fabulous price. While you are waiting for yours to sell, I'd check the joints and tighten everything up. Enjoy!

o

Beautiful! - and it looks to be wonderful quality.

o

Great buy. Beautiful table and chairs.
That was a steal.

o

Beautiful! Those chairs look very comfortable as well. I think you did very well for $500--you'd have to pay close to that for one really good quality chair built today!

o

Marvelous find! Looks beautiful! Hope yours sells quickly, so you can move this one in and start enjoying it.

o

Love it-- and I hope you got the china cabinet in the photo as well!

o

Good to hear! It is in excellent condition, but the chairs will likely be reupholstered in a bit (to suit my taste- they aren't too worn or uncomfortable). I was wishing the table legs had a more mid-century feel, but now my wheelchair using daughter won't crash into the table leg at every approach; our current table bears those scars!
In the marriage counseling department, my husband has no idea about the table (and usually thinks we don't "need" new or different furniture in the home). I have some heavy lifting to do tomorrow while he's away! It just works better if I just make the change rather than negotiate. :)

o

merrygardner - I have the same table (different chairs), purchased in 1981. Mine is solid teak so only stores one leaf and the other has to live in the closet. It was our first *couple* purchase, even before we were married. Enjoy it - it's a great set.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here