Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celticmoon_gw

Hey Red, how'd my dresser come out?

celticmoon
12 years ago

I am dying to know if you are happy with the chalk paint + wax... I have, oh, about 8-10 pieces to rehab and I may want to try Annie Sloan's chalk paint for a couple of them.

Happy?

Pix? Please?

Comments (5)

• redbazel
    12 years ago

Hey....I didn't know anyone was even thinking about my dresser. I'm so slow with projects these days since I work full time, (back in the day when I had a day off each week, it was so cool!) and I actually painted and waxed it a couple weeks ago, but just put it in the closet where I needed a dresser, like 25 minutes ago! Will take a picture later, I'm late now for dinner with friends.

I find the chalk paint to be fast. It goes on easy, dries fast, just like the videos and the blogs say. I've been using MinWax (that I already had) for waxing, but think since I really like the chalk paint that I may need to buy either the Hannitys, or something called Fiddes, available online. I need to go out to the lady's house that is the local Annie Sloan supplier to buy Hannity's. She's a good 20 min away and I don't have time during the week when her shop is open. I will NOT order online something I can buy local, so I've been stuck in a situation of my own making.

I think you should check out the blogs like PerfectlyImperfect, get a feel for if you want to do it. Bite the bullet and order a quart. It does go a long way. I did this dresser and one little nightstand. (Here's a link to the nightstand. It took like 2 hours total to be done. I bought it for $5, painted it, and resold on Craigslist for $45.) I still have half a can of paint.

Pix later? Will do.

Red

Here is a link that might be useful: A nightstand I did in Duck Egg Blue and Old White

• HIWTHI
    12 years ago

That is a fine job you did on that piece.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

What a difference and so nice to make a profit so easily! Wish I were so clever and creative.

• celticmoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Very nice job on the night stand!

Is that duck egg blue full strength or cut with white?

• redbazel
    12 years ago

Forgot to come back to this. I painted the Duck Egg full strength.
    Here's the FP dresser. I failed to take a shot in pretty surroundings, so it's in it's new spot in my closet. I haven't finished with closet redo, but having that overhead light makes finding stuff in the drawers much easier than the dark corner of my bedroom where my main dresser lives. Eventually, I plan to use this dresser in my guest bedroom.

Red