Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buffet lamps

Posted by dorry2 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 22, 14 at 23:30

I am looking for a pair of buffet lamps for the dinihg room of a coastal home. I will post some pics of the actual room so you get a feel for th space. The room will be painted a coastal, soft blue, Ben Moore white dove for the trim.

The dining table is pine with distressed, turned linen legs. The buffet is Paula Deen, oatmeal finish with three rattan baskets. The first picture is a shell mirror I thought might work above the buffet?? Thoughts?

What is a challenge is finding a pair of lamps that will blend with the casual feel of the furniture. I seem to gravitate to prettier, nicer, more formal lamps, but I need casual. The hanging shell is somewhat contemporary with an edge, which might work, the more I look at these lamps, I have already ruled one out.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buffet lamps

Is the last picture of your room space? If not, I never saw a photo of your room.

I am of the opinion less is more. If you use a shell mirror then go with regular lamps that lend themselves to the airy feeling you are going for. That is just my two cents.

Looking forward to the photo and if the one in the last pic is yours it is gorgeous!

o

Aktillery is saying just what I was going to. Since we don't see the room, we don't know what 'color' you may be wanting in buffet lamps, as we see different metal colors in your examples above. I think a beachy lamp will call attention away from the mirror. I'd do a simple pair of buffet lamps, perhaps with shades that pull in your accessory colors.

I love shopping on eBay and Craigslist for unique vintage items. These that I found on eBay under a search for 'buffet lamp pair' aren't vintage, but just an example.

The Maria Buffet Lamp at Ballard Designs is a brass tone simple beauty also.

Here is a link that might be useful: Antique Silver S/2 Twisted Rope TABLE LAMPS Set/Pair Column Buffet Candlestick

o

Is there a quick way to upload from an ipad? Can I only post one photo at a tie using the image file upload option above? I have posted pictures many time and use photobucket...just trying to figure out a quicker more efficient want to post multiple pictures. Here is the wall opposite the buffet. Another one coming

o

Dining room table with buffet. Table is a distresed piece, pine too, turned legs,

o

Your second photo did not load.

o

I agree with the others....you want to sprinkle the theme and support it with colors and style and mood...too much becomes kitschy rather than chic.

o

I think the last lamp, the starfish one, is quite nice, but I think two of them would be one too many. Do you need two? If one would work, I might do that with a more simple style mirror.

o

MOP lamp and on sale! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: LP -- lamp

o
RE: 2 Buffet lamps

Lamps Plus -- capiz shell lamp

Here is a link that might be useful: LP -- capiz shell lamp

o
RE: 3 Buffet lamps

Fascinating bleached wood and chrome modern beach style

Here is a link that might be useful: LP -- Bleached wood and chrome modern lamp

o
RE: 4 Buffet lamps

Lighter wood lamps .....

Here is a link that might be useful: LP -- lighter mango wood lamps

o
RE: 5 Buffet lamps

Lamps with basket style -- might work well with the baskets in your table ....

Here is a link that might be useful: LP -- lamp with basket style

o

Two lamps will make the space much more formal, regardless of the style of lamp. How about just one?

o

Here is a picture of the dining table, distressed pine top. The walls will be painted blue, the plate is randomly placed and forgot to remove when pic was taken!!

o

What a beautiful room!! What color blue are you using?

I agree one larger lamp would look best IMHO.

Just curious, where is your coastal home?

o

Teacats, I love the first lamp. It feels like many surroundings would work with it. Personal taste probably.

Agree with only one lamp and tie in another different one. Apologies, but I am not fond of the first ones you showed.

o

GORGEOUS room. I love your table. I think we have the same table and chairs in our breakfast room.

Unanimous agreement on the lamps, too many lamps like cooks can spoil the pot. Stay with one lamp and the pretty shell mirror.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here