Posted by msrose (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 23, 14 at 21:36

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any guesses on this paint color?

BM Monroe Bisque?

o

My guess would be that it is something that was made specific for that job and the best way to obtain the color would be by writing to the contractors or the site from where the picture was pulled. It looks several different colors, even in the same room, depending on lighting. I think guessing it would be like finding a needle in a haystack. Contractors buy paint that is often custom mixed by the multiple gallons.

o
PS to above

It could be "collectors item" by BM but that is just like the proverbial needle in the haystack. I think I would take picture as you have it to a local paint dealer and ask if they can match it up if obtaining the color from contractor or site is not possible.

o

Navajo White. Looks like what I had in my condo many moons ago. Problem is, every paint manufacturer has it's version of the color.

o

i don't know if they have kelly moore where you are, but this color looks a lot like kelly moore bone color. the home stager who recently staged my house for sale always recommends this color because it is a stock colors that looks very designer. it looks great with swiss coffee trim.

o

Chip It! says SW accessible beige, but it looks dark to me.

o

I played around with html code and encycolorpedia and such and the closest I can come up with on line is BM Ionic Column

o

SW Moderate White or Biscuit?

o

BM White Sand?

o

BM peau de soie but then could just be my monitor.

o

Honestly, it could be any of the guesses or something else entirely. I have SW Antique White throughout my house. It looks very much like the photos, depending on the room and the light at that particular time of day. In any event, it gives me that look, which I love, rich vanilla.

BTW, once you figure it out or find lookalikes, your favorite paint store can match and mix it up for you. I'm in Calif. and I had Kelly-Moore mix SW's color and, if possible, it was better than the original.

o

Try contacting Atlanta General Contractors Abbey Construction and ask them!

Let us know if you find out!

o

Thanks for the guesses! Even though I know it's hard to pinpoint an exact color, it will at least lead me to some colors I like.

Annie - I just saw Accessible Beige in the latest BH&G and it caught my attention, so that sounds like a good one to check out. I've never even heard of BM Ionic Column.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here