Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
attaching pennants to the wall

Posted by wearybuilder (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 3, 12 at 21:06

We are in the process of redecorating our son's room, and he wants sports stuff everywhere. We finally agreed on how we would do "the change" but I'm stuck about how to affix mini-pennants to the wall. We've got about a zillion of them from the various types of sports, so they will be going all around the room. Any ideas? Seems like it should be do-able without making me crazy, but I'm all idea'd out! LOL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: attaching pennants to the wall

Just use 3M command strips. They are sold everywhere, office supply stores, hardware stores, target....

Here is a link that might be useful: Command poster strips

o

I would use very small nails.

Here is a link that might be useful: nails 16 x 3/4 inch

o

I did my son's room with the pennants & used a tot stapler! it was easy & when you repaint it's simple, paint fills in the tiny holes!

o

We used colored thumb tacks for my sons pennants, flags and sails. They usually just blended in with the color of the flag.

Photobucket

o

We also used thumbtacks.

o

My son has several autographed jerseys that he wanted hung...dh used the stapler! It was awesome...and when we repositioned one, the hole was almost invisible...I am sure paint alone would cover it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here