Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

Fun website: Fashion + Decor

Annie Deighnaugh
10 years ago

Scrolling through pinterest, I came across this website that ties fashion and decor together through color and pattern. Kind of reminds me of the design seeds thread...

I am in love with that dress by Balenciaga!

Here is a link that might be useful: Fashion + Decor

Comments (15)

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

And I'm looking at those great Tstrap shoes! Yes, indeedie, it sure is one of your design seed threads Annie. ;)

• zen4d
    10 years ago

My kind of dress :)

• beekeeperswife
    10 years ago

I love that website. It's so fun to look at the pics and find each detail represented somewhere in the room. And don't forget to look at the runway itself. There are lots of clues there too....the one posted above has that cracked/marble floor look...and the walls in the room are marble.

The Kelly Wearstler ones are particularly fun, because you can't tell which came first, since she did clothing design and interior design.

• kellienoelle
    10 years ago

What a fun website! I agree that it is very similar to the Design Seeds that you do.

Not surprisingly, I have found that if I like the outfit, I like the corresponding room (for the most part).

And, yes, that dress is fabulous. Anybody have a few dollars they can spare ;)

• maddielee
    10 years ago

Southern Living Magazine has recently started a column, Fashion Plate. "Turn this China Pattern into an Outfit". The link takes you to an example.

The examples I've seen have been tasteful, so far. Even the Lenox Holiday.

ML

Here is a link that might be useful: Dress like your place setting

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have an evening wedding to go to in the end of April and would love this Jenny Packham if it was to the knee....

• zen4d
    10 years ago

I think I've found a new favorite website.

This post was edited by zen4d on Mon, Feb 3, 14 at 6:15

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Oooh I love the Balenciaga and the gorgeous T straps. Now if only I could get rid of the ten pounds that insists on settling right into my midsection! The dress looks much better on the model than it would on the Pillsbury Dough Boy.

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

Oh, what fun! I picked several outfits I loved and then went to the room. Loved it too for the most part. Amazing how that works! A girl can always dream, right? Annie, as well as you sew, you could probably knock off that Jenny Packham pretty well!

• Jamie
    10 years ago

I like so many different things. What was fun for me to was look at outfits I might actually be comfortable wearing -- which is a tiny subset of the things I like/admire -- and then look at the rooms. Telling!

But the website hurts my eyes. I wish they had put whitespace between those paired images.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Holly Kay, I think the print will help hide any tummy on the balenciaga...as will spanx...

Outside, I was thinking the same thing...if I don't mind spending the time sewing all the gems onto the neckline....

I've got all those crystals and beads and things left over from the veil...I should put them to good use....

Might be a good excuse to head into the city to go fabric shopping.....hmmmmm.

And I think I'll need 2 pairs of shoes as the wedding is on a farm outside and the reception is in an historic barn....

This post was edited by AnnieDeighnaugh on Thu, Jan 30, 14 at 16:16

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

thanks for that link, so fun !!!

• bonnieann925
    10 years ago

Thanks for the link to the website on fashion and deocr, annie. I LOVE that dress and it's exactly the kind of dress/shoes I buy (not quite at that price point....). Black and white are my all time fav's for traveling.

Off to look at more.....Perfect timing as I am trying to find new and interesting sites to "surf" briefly daily.

Thanks again!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Definitely the print would hide a multitude of sins but Spanx are on my "do not wear list". I swear I can't breathe with them on. I would have been a terrible southern belle as I could not have tolerated corsets without fainting dead away!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm just amazed at how close the matches are...not just colors but patterns too. Note in this one, her shoe and the lampshade.