Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanmeade

Would you put these two fabrics together?

nanmeade
16 years ago

For my bedroom, is it too much? We have a king size bed and two windows.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (16)

• anele_gw
    16 years ago

Colorwise, I think they look nice, but I think the patterns together are just too much for my eyes. Maybe I'd go with solid curtains but a slight pattern in a valance.

• carriem25
    16 years ago

I think it depends on how the curtains look from further away. Some patterns read as solids, and perhaps if we weren't seeing them right against each other in full detail they would look less busy.

Carrie

• brutuses
    16 years ago

I vote no on the curtains. They would detract from the gorgeous bed linens. I think some curtains in the green of the litle pillow would look really nice.

• sweeby
    16 years ago

I'd do it in a heartbeat!

To me, the curtain fabric, when combined with the lovely floral, reads like a trellis -- a natural complement to the bed linens.

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

I too think it depends on how far the curtains are from the bed linens. The colors look good but the scale of the pattern looks like it might be about the same as the bed prints, rather than set apart in some way. It looks like a bit much to me, maybe a small trellis pattern or a solid? Although many people love layers of patterns, so maybe that's ultimately what you're after, but I still think the sale of the pattern could be better.

• DLM2000-GW
    16 years ago

I'm with squirrel - the scale is going to get you in trouble, I think. If the fabrics are close together it's going to be difficult to know where to focus and they'll compete. If it's a large room and they have a lot of separation, I think it will look disjointed - like they should be in two different rooms.

I wonder if you could pull that cocoa color out of the bed cover for the curtains then maybe use the green and one of the reds to trim them and around the room in accents.

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

No wonder I couldn't find them on CC! They look completely different full view. If this is accurate, I think they look nice.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

Just doodlin'round with the solids/background:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• les917
    16 years ago

I think the scale is fine and the colors work - except that the background on the drapery looks very ivory and the bedding background is very white. I think the drapery may end up looking 'dirty' by comparison.

Love both of your choices a lot, but maybe not together.

• brutuses
    16 years ago

squirrel, I do love the green curtains. That green is my new fav. Everywhere I see it I love it. I think it goes great in this room. Would you call that an apple green or lime green or something else? Me, the lady who couldn't stand green is now a convert!! See what you people do. HA!

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

The last darker, brighter is more apple. The others are softer and gra

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

The last darker, brighter is more apple. The others are softer and grayer but still on the apple side I'd say :) Apple has a bit more of a bite to it ;) ...... Who can resist, it's the net! size>

• oceanna
    16 years ago

Bingo on what Les said. Mixing whites and off-whites can be very tricky. I've gotten into trouble with that before. I'd want to see the two side-by-side before making a decision.

• nanmeade
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the comments everyone. I have a lot to think about.

Squirrelheaven, you are a doll!!!! Thanks.

• nanmeade
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Speaking of green, I painted one wall in the bedroom lewiville green from the sample quart I had left from Les' advice re my living room. (Someday I will get the living room done). I'm thinking maybe there would be too much green with the PB Duvet and the CC curtains. I love amck's black toile bedroom and organic smallhome's bedroom. Like I said, I have a lot to think about. The nice thing about my bedroom is, I can paint it myself!!! So that will be a project done pretty quickly.

• Valerie Noronha
    16 years ago

Squirrel gave you some great options to think about. I like how the green curtains tie into the small bed cushion.