Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
martinca_gw

Is this legit? RH law suit. You get this ?

This came on email. I suspect it's bogus, but thought I'd if ask any of you received it. I only scanned it. Seems to suggest a coupon or % off.
Here is a partial:

JUDGMENT IN CLASS ACTION
TO:
All persons from whom Restoration Hardware, Inc. requested and recorded ZIP codes in conjunction with a credit card purchase transaction in its California retail stores from October 21, 2007 through February 12, 2011.
IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THIS CLASS OF PERSONS, YOU SHOULD READ
THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT WILL AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS.
In June 2013, notice was sent regarding a lawsuit known as Hernandez v. Restoration Hardware, Inc., Case No. 37-2008-00094395-CU-BT-CTL, ....pending in the Superior Court of California, County of San Diego. The lawsuit claimed that Restoration Hardware violated California Civil Code section 1747.08 by requesting and recording ZIP codes from customers who paid for merchandise with a credit card at retail stores located in California.

Comments (21)

• roarah
    9 years ago

It is legit and you can also request a $30 per transaction cash settlement if you used a credit card in their ca stores during those dates, I believe. There are a number of such suits.

Here is a link that might be useful: other similar class suits

• roarah
    9 years ago

Sorry!

This post was edited by roarah on Thu, Jan 8, 15 at 20:36

• roarah
    9 years ago

Sorry, I have no idea how I triple posted this!

This post was edited by roarah on Thu, Jan 8, 15 at 20:35

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Re reading, it looks as though it's not for online purchasers. Darn!!

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

martinca: Presumably they'd need to ask for your zip code to send/deliver what was purchased online.

• lateafternoon
    9 years ago

While I haven't gone into my local store to redeem the coupon, here is a link from the Superior Court of California, San Diego County record search:

http://courtindex.sdcourt.ca.gov/CISPublic/casedetail?casenum=200800094395&casesite=SD&applcode=C

I will report back on ringing the most out of RH! It's all made in China crap anyways, not sure it's worth the money.

• blfenton
    9 years ago

What prompted the lawsuit? Did you HAVE to give them your zip code to make your purchase or could you decline to give it to them.

• firstmmo
    9 years ago

I got my coupon and will definitely be using it. Here is a bit more on that class action lawsuit:

THE CLASS

The Class consists of: All persons from whom Restoration
    Hardware, Inc. requested and recorded ZIP codes in conjunction with a
    credit card purchase transaction in its California retail stores from
    October 21, 2007 through February 12, 2011.

• sntierney
    9 years ago

Do you know if people have used more than one coupon? I'm going to be placing a large order for outdoor furniture, and wondered if I could place one in my name and one in my husband's name, with delivery to the same address. They have some coupons on ebay.

• firstmmo
    9 years ago

Max purchase of $10,000 of items, so essentially $3,333 discount for those with the coupon.

• PRO
    Stitch Custom Furnishings
    8 years ago

Be careful RH will jerk you around--they shipped half my coupon order damaged then when I returned it they cancelled the whole order and now the items are "backordered for over a month". They are the worst.

• shannonwithers
    8 years ago

Anyone want to sell their coupon? shannon@fuseyoga.org

• doreenmalin
    8 years ago

Went with my daughter today; spent about $7,000 total. Some was in stock and we took it home. Other stuff due to ship in a week. Happy.

• smittycdm
    8 years ago

Hi, I also have a Coupon. It says "For a list of stores, please go to..." Unfortunately the site referred to is "DNS doesn't exist". I guess I will call, but you know those peeps at RH, lol. I'm happy for you!

• smittycdm
    8 years ago

Hi Stitch, I purchased approx $12,000 of patio furniture last Fall (AZ, it's hot) did not use my Coupon. Trucking Co dropped off everything, took 1-2 hrs. No, we didn't make the two fellows open every box for inspection. The poor guys were already dripping sweat & drinking our icy Fiji water as fast as they could chug those small bottles down. ; D Here's my point: the lounges are uneven, so are all the chairs. These are the "powder coated "metal"-- I'd have to check the Invoice to determine the exact kind. But I will not try to straighten them myself, I think the joints would give. We'll get a very nice metal guy to come out & "fix" them. It's not that you were using your Coupon, Their quality is "uneven" & that's why there's so much! at the Outlet Stores. JMHO

• smittycdm
    8 years ago

What happened to the old Garden Web, where you could reply to each other, or at least to the conversation? Maybe I've been busy w/ redoing my hardscape altho "Becky", says there is no such word, lolol Now I just added Word formatting! Thank goodness it's gone! Can we go back to the Old Days? Bye & everyone have a great day. I'm about to make a purchase.

• juddgirl2
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I used my coupon to purchase 2 leather Lancaster sofas (love!), 1 Maxwell sectional in the indoor/outdoor Perennial fabric, a sideboard, and some pillows and throws.

The coupon was added to the already discounted sale price so it was a very good deal and the furniture is sturdy and attractive. Can't believe how comfortable the leather sofas are. Very happy.

• akumalcondo
    7 years ago

Anyone know the expiration? I want to use mine, can't find. wrote to the lawyers, no answer--thank you!!

• Fori
    7 years ago

Mine expired, unused, a few months ago.

• akumalcondo
    7 years ago

darn it, i heard they all expired in march, so maybe that's true. ugh. thanks Fori, I am not pleased either