Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quilter_robbi

Ashley furniture quality?

Robbi D.
16 years ago

I found a few piece of furniture made by Ashley. I didn't find them at "the" Ashley store, but I'm guessing the same company? Anyhow, I'm leary or the quality, especially after reading review on the internet. Does anyone have any personal recommendations? I'm looking at upholstered pieces (not leather).

Thanks!

Robbi

Comments (58)

• dgmarie
    16 years ago

Agree. I put Ashley, Bay Area, and Wickes in the same bucket.

• Robbi D.
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It's too bad I'm looking at upholstered pieces! The wooden chairs and table you guys have look great. Bummer. I'll just keep looking. I'm still not sure on the furniture arrangement, so I'm not in a hurry to get anything yet.

Robbi

• Pieonear
    16 years ago

That's just my luck. I bought an Ashley sofa and chair last month. :(

• reno_fan
    16 years ago

We bought an Ashley sofa and loveseat about 2 years ago. I was amazed at just how quickly they turned to cr*p. The material pilled, the cushions sagged, the frame creaked, and all the throw pillows frayed within about 6-9 months. Now we knew that we were buying disposable furniture, but I thought it would at least last us for 3-4 years. I was a little shocked to see how quickly it went south.

• Sheeisback_GW
    16 years ago

greeeat. we bought an upholstered sofa and loveseat back in december. house isn't finished yet so it hasn't been delivered. Quiet honestly though... i've done a lot of searching for furniture and couldn't find anything i liked. it was all plain and blahh. - anything i liked in a resonable price range considering building the house and need appliances etc. good luck on your search!

• demeron
    16 years ago

Working at an Ashely desk which has held up fine, looks nice, perfectly solid though not heirloom.

Bought my main upholstered pieces from Ethan Allen and they have held up well. The upholstered set from Value City less so, but actually not as bad as you'd think for the amount of FR abuse it gets.

• never_ending
    16 years ago

Maybe Ashley is lower end but do you really want furniture to last a lifetime? I don't for some things and do for others, and it depends on the use. Couches take alot of wear and tear, but a an affordable wood dining set fairly well made could go for quite a while or at least until you are on to your next decorating level.

Heck once I bought a Walmart dinette for $99 and honestly that thing was the best,I still have the chairs, sold the table for $50 and those chairs have no wobble, cracking, and get carted all over. My SIL brought nicely made dining chairs at the same time and they are now kindling- Go figure!

• bob411
    16 years ago

I saw an Ashley dinning table that I could live with for the price, $839 for the table, and 6 chairs. I know you get what you pay for, but I'm tired of waiting to find a used one that i really like. Tried to find reviews on line, and all I could find was very bad responses for Ashley furniture stores. Do Ashley furniture stores sell Ashley furniture? Is it one, and the same?

• Phobie Privett
    16 years ago

Bob411-if it says Ashley, it's all one and the same. Ashley stores only sell ashley, but any furniture store may carry a few lines of Ashley furniture.

On a side note-I just bought a Broyhill bedroom set for DD2. Now I realize it's not "HENREDON" or some top of the line, but when we uncrated it, the first thing I noticed (besides the "made in China" sticker! UGH) was that everywhere two pieces of wood met, the paint was cracked and in some places, the wood itself looked split. Now, again, I realize it's not top of the line, but I paid $1300 for a dresser, headboard and nightstand. Not that darn cheap in my book. When I complained to the store, she said, "you know, that furniture is just kinda cheap. You should probably look into buying some better furniture..."

I'm not sure what you have to do nowadays to get anything decent in furniture, but apparently EVERYTHING is crap now. Except of course, the beautiful Amish furniture that's made by hand and cost 100x more than what I can afford!! :)

So, I guess in a way, I have to agree with previous posters. If you don't care if it lasts a lifetime, just get what you like and be done with it, regardless of where it came from!

• bob411
    16 years ago

I guess I can live with the folding table for a while longer.

• acla
    16 years ago

I've never purchased any upholstered furniture from them, but I did purchase a bedroom group from them about 6 months ago and I have no complaints so far.

• houseful
    16 years ago

My DH and I wandered into Ashley for the first time yesterday. He (we both, actually) fell in love with the desk/bookcase set. It's $1700 plus another 17% off. The desk was so heavy, we couldn't really lift it.

What I get from this thread is that this will probably hold up well, but the upholstered furniture won't. Is that a fair analysis?

Here is the link for those who can't see the picture.

Here is a link that might be useful: Desk/bookcase

• liz1977
    16 years ago

Just my two cents, but I agree with Never Ending here...you just never know. I bought a little kitchen table and chairs at Montgomery Ward for $100 when they shut the store down years ago, and it's still holding up great! (Part of me wishes it would give out so I could buy new!)

• spammypam
    16 years ago

I asked in a local furniture store about Ashely pieces. It is the same company, but the pieces in the Ashley store and the pieces they sell to other stores are two different lines. I recently purchased two Ashley wing chairs (from the local furniture store) to use with a round dining table and also purchased a red loveseat from the Ashley store to use in our den. All the pieces look nice and were very inexpensive for a more expensive look. I have only had them for a few months so I don't know how long they will last. I don't expect to be using them in 20 years, but that's OK. In general, I find that furniture is not the same quality as it used to be. It is similar to clothing...nowadays we throw them away instead of restyling or repairing.

• mpwdmom
    16 years ago

Do Ashley furniture stores sell Ashley furniture? Is it one, and the same?

Bob, I think it is. We were hit by Rita 3 wks post-Katrina, and many people in our area were in a BIG hurry to settle w/ their insurance...(mostly we were in shock) and some of them went to Ashley to hurriedly replace the things that were lost. We didn't need to buy anything other than a freezer, but I did get to look at a good bit of new Ashley furnishings.

Personally, I don't care for it but for some it's the only option, and style-wise they come out OK. But having said that, after going to 2 furniture stores yesterday and poking around a bit I am shocked at the poor quality of even the nicer lines.

Our last few things have been from the unpainted furniture store (oak) but even there I see some plywood panels making their way into construction. Bottom line, we are not doing well quality-wise, at least here in the south. I'm sure in fancy places in Houston or New Orleans good things can be found, but it's sorely lacking to average buyers.

Susan

• liptonjl
    16 years ago

We just have one piece from Ashley so far and it's not that old, BUT our dog has jumped on and off it and it looks like brand new. Here's a pic I just posted for another purpose. It's from the Casa Molino line:

• houseful
    16 years ago

Liptonjl, your couch is part of the same collection as the desk and bookcase. I love it! Cute puppy!

It is pretty sad to see the way things are made today. Although, not wanting it to last forever is a pretty good rationale. Some of my favorite pieces have been the least expensive.

Anyway, I think we'll probably get this. We'll take another look at it this week just to make sure. Thanks everyone.

• flmom5
    16 years ago

When we moved to our new house 2.5 years ago, we had made some money on our old one and were finally able after 13 years of marriage to buy some furniture that did not come from a garage sale or thrift store. I have been happy with most of our purchases except the dining room set we bought at Ashley's.

We bought the floor model of the table because it was being discontinued and it was about $500 off of the original price. Thought we were being thrifty. For the table, 8 chairs and the china cabinet we paid about $2300. I know, you get what you pay for-but it looked so pretty and was in our budget and seemed sturdy! Within 2 months the finish on the table was buckling and warping with usage. It is very noticeable! Now 2 of the legs are almost completely separated from the table. You have to be very careful if you move it. The arms on the arm chairs have to be tightened all the time. And when both leaves are in, the center of the table has virtually no support. I am not happy!

We tried to resolve with the store but they wouldn't do anything because is was the floor model and "as is". It is a very sturdy looking set-it is in the mission style and to our inexperienced eyes it appeared to be wood, so we thought we would be fine, but we were wrong.We can't refinish the top because it is veneer, and very thin at that.

I would never buy from them anything that will be used on a daily basis. That is jmho, of course, but we did better with our thrift store finds!

Btw-Hi! I am a long time lurker and I registered so I could chime in on this discussion!

• tropicalparadise08
    16 years ago

I have Ashley furn. A breakfast table, server, bar stools, sofa, loveseat & recliner that I love. Everything has held up well but I do not have children. I purchased the breakfast set from an Ashley store & had serious problems with them. When I purchased the living room furn. I went to a local furn. store that I'd dealt with previously & purchased from them. It was the same furn.

• walkin_yesindeed
    16 years ago

My understanding is that you have to be really picky with Ashley. I've heard cautious approval of some pieces in their "Millennium" line. But overall, their upholstered stuff has a bad reputation; their case goods are slightly better but frequently can't stand up to much wear.

I bought an Ashley bed for DS1 that turned out to be MDF covered with wood-patterned paper. Part of my early education about furniture buying. The guys set up the bed in DS's room, and I began making it. Had to climb up on the mattress to put the fitted sheet on, and suddenly sheet, mattress, and I had fallen through the frame of the bed: even the "planks" used to support the mattress weren't real wood! We returned it.

Saw a pretty Ashley bunk bed in a store yesterday, but the salesman recommended I buy another bed, which was solid pine, no veneers. Much less money, but it'll hold up better, he said.

Bottom line: caveat emptor. A lot of new furniture is crap, but Ashley seems to be particularly crapulous.

• texanjana
    16 years ago

I agree that the Furniture Forum here offers a great education. Furniture today is not what my parents had. I was particularly dismayed over the weekend in my search for a new breakfast table and chairs. DH and I visited our local Drexel Heritage showroom. Chair comfort is of particular concern to me as I have some back issues. Anyway, I asked the saleswoman if their furniture is still made in the US (I assumed at their prices it would be). I was shocked to hear all of their casegoods are now made in China, but upholstery is still made in NC. I guess that is why the table was $1,400 and each chair-frame only, before fabric was $659. I need 6 chairs! Also , no indication of type of wood anywhere!

I think it will be either Nichols & Stone or Hickory White for me as my children are almost grown and I am looking for some forever pieces for this area.

• houseful
    16 years ago

Oh boy! Very enlightening! We were not necessarily in the market for a desk right now but could always use it. My DH still wants to go back and look at it again closely. I'll will certainly let the sales lady know what I have learned.

• glhuckaba_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Well, I am very disappointed, although not surprised. Ashley "fine" furniture?? I guess not. The store in which I was shopping in Conway, AR is not an Ashley store, but it has 4 out of 5 stars in customer reviews so I thought maybe the salesman would be more trustworthy than most. (I hold most furniture salespeople suspect, b/c my brother was in the furniture business a long time and I know that they are, very often, working on straight commission--so the heat is on to sell, sell sell. Oh, and the markup is about 200%.)

Anyway, I've looked and looked for something I could afford as I'm getting a king bed for the first time in my life. The salesman "assured" me that the Ashley king bed (B522058) was "solid mahogany except for the center panels, because you can't curve solid wood"--turns out it's apparently a lie about the mahogany (I already know he was lying about curving wood--yes, you can but it's very, very expensive and I don't think lower-end furniture manufacturers can afford it--so they use veneer over mdf.)

Anyway, the final 2 straws were the post(s) about (a) slats breaking under the bed--that will void my mattress warranty so no way can I afford for that to happen and (b) the difficulty of changing the sheets--having to climb on the bed itself.

So, I'm now looking at a Vaughan-Bassett bed instead. Does anybody have any experience with THAT company?

I just do not want to spend another decade plus on a metal bed frame and, like another has posted, I can not afford the Amish-made bed I REALLY want.

Thanks so much, everybody, for being so honest and helpful with your experiences!

• mimi233
    11 years ago

I purchased a bedroom set from Ashley's nearly two months ago. As I was changing the linen today I noticed a rather large nick about the size of a quarter on the edge of the sleigh bed. I paid $2500 for the set which was on sale for half price. Their furniture is of a low quality that looks great in the store under good lighting. But when I got the furniture it had several nicks and dresser was returned for another piece two weeks later. The furniture is over priced to begin with and the quality in the dumps. I would never buy anything else from them. I hope that anyone who is thinking of buying from them would think again. The furniture looks good and that's about all. It is made in Vietnam and they don't care about what they send to us. And Ashley furniture said they are not responsible for anything not reported within 72 hours of delivery. Most people won't find everything wrong with furniture in that short time frame. We need to boycott them, run them out of business for selling that junk.

• autiemom
    11 years ago

We have a sofa and loveseat from Ashley, as well as twin bunk beds from there. I agree that they are not the fanciest or most expensive pieces. However, we have had really good luck with all of them! We have had the upholstered pieces in the mancave for three years and it is holding up great. Will it last forever? Probably not, but hopefully when the time comes to upgrade we will have more money to work with! :) In the meantime, the furniture looks great, and I got it for half of what I would have paid elsewhere.

• mtodd500
    8 years ago

I know its too late to tell you this but read reviews. I just went through a rigaramoo w Ashleys. My furniture

Ripped apart after 1 year and 6 months. Twitter Ashley Homestore and read the apologies. Google. Research. As sad as it sounds we are thinking about just replacing it with cheap big lots furniture (simmons) we like it and if it tears up in a year or two its not as heartbreaking we will throw a slip cover over it. Whats sad is the price we paid for our ashleys furniture and just watched it slowly rip. Read the reviews a lot of consumers are mad. Now i've had 2 friends who had their furniture for 8 to 10 years and they said its held up. I've had several more who complain about the crappy quality. It has wore me out. They did make it right by taking the mess back after I proved the couch pieces they sent to me were defective as well. It was a long process and a lot of being heard. Good luck. I'm on the furniture hunt and now I am dreading it!!! Doesn't seem like anything lasts anymore so I am about ready to call it quits. Im not too good to sit on the floor. Lol

Customer service was even worse until I finally talked to the VP. I don't think he was real pleased to talk to me bcause I took to social media to be heard but....he did help me. So for that I thank him and just ready to move on!!!

• James Shaffer
    8 years ago

Saturday my wife and I went shopping for a new chair for the living room. We first went to Lazy Boy because we have had several pieces from them over the years and they are great. But also expensive. However our son's family has our Lazy Boy living room set from 17 years ago and it is in good shape. We went to 4 different stores and Ashley was last. My wife fell in love with a living room set they had there. The set included a couch, a love seat, two chairs, two end tables, a chair side table, and an upholsterer coffee table. Of course the set started out at $4,495.00 retail then they instantly went down to $3,299 in said I was not buying that day. Long story short, we ended up with all the furniture for $2,495.00. I know it is not the same quality as our old Lazy Boy set that we paid around $5,000 for 17 years ago but we are empty nesters and if this set last for 5-7 years I will be very happy. The staff at the Ashley furniture store was very nice and pleasant to work with.

• lorly0913
    8 years ago

End of august I when to the store and I ordered furniture for over $3000.00

first of all we had to wait 2 weeks for or delivery

When the first bedroom set finally arrived the was 3 missing pieces. The delivery people assembled the bed but they said it was not safe for no one End of august I when to the store and I ordered furniture for over $3000.00

first of all we had to wait 2 weeks for or delivery

When the first bedroom set finally arrived the was 3 missing pieces. The delivery people assembled the bed but they said it was not safe for no one to sleep on the bed.

I did refuse to take the order but they called the store and spoke to customer service they apologize and promise me within a week they will send someone to take care of it.

1 week later the 2nd bedroom set was delivered and again one of the drawer was broken, and again they call customer service, at this point I was very upset, and I said that I wasn't going to sign the delivery paperwork, and customer service assured me that both things will come together by next week.

3 weeks later nothing happened we didn't get no calls no missing and broken piece was received. My husband call the person that helped us when we went to the store and he made a lot of money in comission because or order was close to $4000.00

He told my husband's that he doesn't know nothing about it and there is nothing on the computer, and he said he will get to the bottom of it.

now we have or son that have to share his sisters room because his bed is not safe for him to sleep. And one of my daughter not being able to use one of her drawer.

we think we made and excellent decision by going to ashley furniture but it wasn't

I don't think it's fair to us to spent that much money and for us to get that

And I don't think it's fair to my kids. It's. Been over 2 months we really need someone to help us with this serious matter.

to sleep on the bed.

I did refuse to take the order but they called the store and spoke to customer service they apologize and promise me within a week they will send someone to take care of it.

1 week later the 2nd bedroom set was delivered and again one of the drawer was broken, and again they call customer service, at this point I was very upset, and I said that I wasn't going to sign the delivery paperwork, and customer service assured me that both things will come together by next week.

3 weeks later nothing happened we didn't get no calls no missing and broken piece was received. My husband call the person that helped us when we went to the store and he made a lot of money in comission because or order was close to $4000.00

He told my husband's that he doesn't know nothing about it and there is nothing on the computer, and he said he will get to the bottom of it.

now we have or son that have to share his sisters room because his bed is not safe for him to sleep. And one of my daughter not being able to use one of her drawer.

we think we made and excellent decision by going to ashley furniture but it wasn't

I don't think it's fair to us to spent that much money and for us to get that

And I don't think it's fair to my kids. It's. Been over 2 months we really need someone to help us with this serious matter.

• monicakm_gw
    8 years ago

We've had 3 sets of Ashley den furniture and one round dining room table and one pub table. All pieces bought after our daughter moved out at 18 for college. The first was a comfy leather sectional sofa and an overstuffted chair with ottoman and pub table. End tables and lamps came from other stores. 2 months before the extended warranty went out, the hand latch that kicked out one of the recliners broke. They no longer made that sectional and said to come to the store and choose something else. DH chose went for looks and chose an uncomfortable Texas chic leather sofa and chaise lounge. How can anything that looked so nice be so uncomfortable. I sold it on a local radio "mail market" and bought our current sectional, reclining rocker, two end tables (used the existing coffee table and the lamps came from Cabela's. It's holding up well with two grand children that are often here. It's uber comfy. The dining room table is only used for large family gatherings. Will I continue to use them for my furniture needs? Yes. Would I if I had children that lived here. If that was my price point, yes. If I could afford better, I'd probably buy better. I don't like to put things on credit. I can afford Ashely out of pocket and the quality is suitable for our needs. I bought protection plans with all den purchases but not the dining room table.

ps...hope I didn't leave out any words. When I'm exhausted, my brain can't keep up with my hands.

• gardenerlorisc_ia
    8 years ago

These are the reasons I do most of my shopping at thrift stores. I bought my double pedestal dining room table which extends to 8 feet for $15.00 and set of 6 fully upholstered chairs for $35.00 total. They don't match the table but I don't care and the table would support an elephant, I think.

• mtodd500
    8 years ago

Maybe it was the luck of the draw and I just got bad furniture. It looks like Ashley might not display...all the I am sorry's on twitter anymore. All I can say is.... what I had to go through with customer service....well, that is enough for me to say... No Thanks! I wish them well and I hope that other peoples furniture has held up. Make sure you read their insurance policy. They told me I would have to spill fingernail polish remover on it or stab it with a knife for it to be covered. I was told it had to be something we did accidentally to the furniture. Well, sorry but I am not stabbing my couch. So they didn't cover their defective quality. Just beware. It took me a while to get it resolved, but the VP did resolve it.

• Nora Margritz
    7 years ago

I sold furniture at the retail level for many years. However, I never sold the Ashley brand. I'm looking at an Ashley sofa & loveseat for sale on CL. It looks very nice but is 10 years old. Looks brand new. But the comments here help me with my decision. Rowe furniture which used to be manufactured in Dallas, TX, has/had a lifetime warranty on the frame. I owned a Rowe sofa and it was great. Higher end Broyhill is nice too. FYI furniture sales people only make about 5% commission on sales. Mark up at places where I worked was NOT 200%. Enjoyed the Ashley feedback on upholstered pieces and it will help with my decision.

• Denise Jansma-Garlough
    7 years ago

We are out shopping for a reclining chair for our great room and found a very nice piece at Ashley. It was much pricier than I want to spend but looks very nice. The salesman told us it is of real leather and made very sturdy. It is on sale for about half of its original price. It also has a couch and love seat that is just what I have always wanted. I have always had Lazy Boy recliners but upon checking them out at different stores, feel they are made very cheaply compared to my past buys. How do we tell if the furniture we are buying today is of quality or not. Also the label "Made in the USA" means a great deal to us. This will probably be some of our last furniture buys due to our ages, so feel we would like to purchase good quality buys.

I have read all the past and most recent reviews, but still have come no closer to a decision. Some advice would be welcome.

• veggiegardnr
    7 years ago

We're looking for family room furniture and went into an Ashley furniture store last week, just to see what they had. The store is new; my husband said it's only a couple of months old. I knew nothing about their furniture before I went in, but, after what I saw, I'd never buy it. The couches in the store were already sagging (cushions) and starting to look worn. I could tell they would not last even 6 months before looking like they should be for free on craigslist.

• Rebecca
    7 years ago

Ashley Furniture is garbage. Unfortunately I bought two couches and a sideboard. Can't even open the sideboard drawers after a year. Cushions on couch sagged out and pilled.

• lizbeth-gardener
    7 years ago

Denise: There is a furniture forum (on Houzz) that probably would be a good place to start reading and asking questions or your local library should have books on the subject. I think Ashley is very poor quality.

• Denise Jansma-Garlough
    7 years ago

Thank you for the advice. I did go on the Houzz forum on furniture and feel that I got some good advice. Thank you to all others who answered my questions.

• Nora Margritz
    7 years ago

I believe only Henredon and some other high-end furniture manufacturers are the only ones left that make furniture right here in the USA. That fact may have changed, however. It seems like everyone has gone overseas. But I hope not the ones I suggest. If you want something to last a lifetime, I would recommend Henredon, Thomasville, Broyhill Premier or Kincaid. There are probably others I can't remember.

• lizbeth-gardener
    7 years ago

Denise: Another name that has been recommended on this forum is "Lee" and I believe it is made in USA. For a recliner you might look at "Hancock & Moore". I don't know where it is made, but we have their "Austin High Back reclining chair and ottoman". We have had it for probably 15-20 years, so quality may have changed.

• Nora Margritz
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I used to sell Lee but they only made youth bedroom furniture. Maybe they branched out into upholstery as well. Their case goods were well made. The main thing I recommend is a good middle to upper end store like Haverty's. They always sell very good to excellent quality lines. Excellent customer service as well. Stay away from Rooms to Go. I'm not sure about Nebraska Furniture but they might be good to check out. Just question your salesperson about frame and warranty. Frame should be solid hard wood.

• lizbeth-gardener
    7 years ago

Lee's website shows most all types of soft goods as well as case goods.

• deeinohio
    7 years ago

I think Nora is thinking of "Lea" furniture, which does make youth furniture.

• patch87939
    5 years ago

My 90lb dog sleeps on the couch and my husband is a mess. There is no point in buying anything that the two of them can't enjoy. We have a leather (okay only the seat cushions are leather while the rest is pretend leather) overstuffed couch that has lasted 17 years of kids, dogs, and husband. It looks worn but looked 100 times better than my sisters Ethan Allen beautiful leather couch that her family equally beat up. My cheap couch lasted 10 extra years and still isn't as bad as hers was at the end. That being said, we are finally replacing it....with an equally durable, not expensive (cheap) glorified dog bed/husband couch. Frankly I would rather replace a couch every decade than fight for a lifetime.

• aa ppp
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Ashley Furniture has very low-grade furniture and limited to no customer service or recourse after you purchase from them. I bought a sofa that started falling apart after 2 days, 500 calls later ( no exaggeration) they would not A) take it back in the first 2 days. B) honor the 1-year warranty C) honor the extended 5-year protection plan purchased. ( you purchase from a 3rd party company that doesnt answer the phone which I believe was bought out by Ashley years ago) There are massive similar complaints online and a previous class action lawsuit. Someone needs to step in and make them stop churning out bad furniture , then have unsuspecting people purchase on credit, then never abide by laws and fairness. Just google "complaints Ashley Furniture". I normally do not post bad reviews, but I wish I would have seen the massive complaints before I made a big purchase. ( they time and time again tried to blame the franchise system but I purchased from a corporte store). They also sent me a letter stating that if I win against them they would "automatically" send it to collections ( and ruin my credit) , which I called back to explain why that again is not correct and stupid to print and break the fair billing practice act, and credit laws. 2 years later I finally won. Was it worth it? yes and no..massive wasted time but I do not like being treated like garbage after a purchase and a legitimate complaint. How many other people will be willing to dig their heels in and go into a dog fight over a cheap sofa. (thats part of the reason I followed thru). I am in the financial services industry 25 years if they did it to me they will do it to you.

• Feona Scott
    2 years ago

Bought Ashely Sectional with Chaise on sale for $1600. Within two months while walking past the back of it I saw rippling and indentations and the ouline of the wood frame! it sits in the middle of the family room so its very noticcable now i walked by it too close and banged my leg on q part of the wood frame which seened more predominant. Well 6 months later, i call the warranty company and was told i have to go through Ashely Customer Service. itsvstill under their warrentee. Now several hours waiting for someone to pick up i deided to submitt my claim on line. Well no one bothers to look at my comlaint so i called again. After another two hour wait of trying to find the right pwerson to talk to i finally got a tech to come out. He took photos and agreed there were problems but,,,get this ..the sofas were made to specifications. Which means nail a few peices of wood together and cover it with cloth and hope no one notices. now the back of the corner squeeks when someone floppes down on it, the chsise seat doesnt stay inplace and shift to one side that cushion hangs over the base if the chaise. the technsaid

• HU-966584252
    2 years ago

Sorry about autocorrect spelling and grammer. of my previos note.

The second Tech came out yesterday and said even rhough the wrinkles and outline of the frame shows as well as indentations the sectional was made to their standard specifications. Now my alternatives are to contact head office and or use the warrentee once the years Ashley warrentee is up..

• Richard Stein
    2 years ago

some time ago i rented a small space for an art studio in a warehouse that stored ashley furniture. i was able to get a close look over time and realized it was junk. been avoiding the brand ever since...

• Sebeth Spilseth
    last year

Let’s just say they don’t make them like they used to. More than 20 years ago I basically furnished my entire home with the Ashley Signature line of furniture. Everything is extremely well-made and is of solid wood with some veneers in decorative areas. I still have those pieces to this day they were made sturdy, everything fits perfectly, not a single drawer has ever even loosened.

But when I went back to Ashley this year I realized, yes, they don’t make them like they used to. Now the drawers use cheap metal slides that are at the top on each side. Mine are mounted on sides on the bottom they’re also solid wood. Those drawers don’t move it inch if you try to jiggle them. Honestly I don’t ever wanna part with the pieces I have because they’re so beautiful and so well-made. Unfortunately several were damaged by the movers when we made a cross country move, and even though I had insured them they refused to fix them. Still I love the pieces It will never be able to afford anything that will be. I do believe at the time much of their furniture was Amish made. Just run your hand over the piece of wood and you can tell the difference. Amish made furniture is like soaked to the touch. And every joint in joint is perfect

• Sebeth Spilseth
    last year

Sorry for the typos… Amish furniture is like silk to the touch. In the way drawers are jointed and installed are sturdy and fit perfectly.

• Kelly Ford Bergeron
    last year

Stay away! They are crooks, and the furniture is junk! Do a search on Google for Ashley reviews like everyone else does!