Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbie1000

Comforter, duvet or quilt and where to buy? (long)

debbie1000
9 years ago

Redoing our master bedroom. The light wood-look tile has been installed with a medium brown/beige speckled area rug that will go partially under the bed.

Dark wood contemporary furniture will be delivered Tuesday and I've been looking for the "just right" duvet (because I bought the insert six months ago and it also will likely be lighter weight than a comforter).

I have gone to every department store, home furnishings place, discount place, online place that I can think of. I guess they don't make anything close to what i have in mind--beige/neutral -can't be solid because I have two dogs I need to share my bed with that shed ALOT! --something nice/contemporary to disquise the dog fur--oh and without gray because I messed up on the paint color that was supposed to be gray but it came out blue-ish.

There are really very few duvet covers compared to quilts ( I think they are too traditional) and comforters (too heavy).

I'm even thinking of having Calico Corners make one but I don't want to spend $$$.

Any other online places that you can recommend? I've checked out Overstock, Wayfair (scary reviews) and Allmodern.

Or should I just cave and go back to a comforter?

Thanks!!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida