Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
budge1_gw

My favourite blog

budge1
15 years ago

I've been following this woman's blog for a while and wanted to share - well actually, part of me wants to keep it just for me. I just love it. Can't understand any of it, but the pictures say enough for me.

I know there have been threads about favourite blogs in the near past, but if anyone has any to add, I'd love to peek at what others are coveting.

Here is a link that might be useful: hus

Comments (18)

• susie100
    15 years ago

I love it too, Budge....elegant, light, fresh, and comfortable at the same time without being pretentious or overdone. Thanks. I enjoyed my visit there.

• laurmela
    15 years ago

She is in Norway, wish my DGFIL was still alive I could have him translate. That is Dear Grandfather inlaw. Anyone understand Norwegian??? I just married one! Who doesn't know the language.

L

PS where is Faron?

• tmkb
    15 years ago

I'd be happy to translate for you all. I'm a native Norwegian. I also happen to work as a translator!

• allison0704
    15 years ago

I've never seen that one. Thanks for linking.

This is my favorite blog. She is an American woman married to a French man who has lived in France since marrying. Raising her children, etc. Her photographs are all amazing. Her writing is as well:

Here is a link that might be useful: Tongue in Cheek

• cooperbailey
    15 years ago

Beautiful blog, and I noticed others listed so I may go far afield! I keep hearing the Muppets Swedish chef in my mind when I see the words. Or Sven an Ollie- my SIL is Norske, but doesnt speak the language.
    Thanks so much for posting it, I have bookmarked it.

• budge1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, tmkb - I love you already. Norway has always been one of my favourite countries. I've only been once when I was 16, but I loved the place. When I was in my 20's I spent a year traveling in Guatemala and shared a small house with a couple of Norwegians. I remember lying in my hammock laughing as I listened to them talk. It's such a singsong language that even when they were fighting, I loved to hear it.

• joanie_b
    15 years ago

That's a beautiful blog full of inspirational pictures.

You can easily translate that, or any other, entire web page into just about any language by using Google's Language Tools.

Just C/P the URL where it says 'Translate a Web Page' and choose Norwegian>>English.

Also, if you use the Google Toolbar there's a Translate button for one click convenience.

Opens up the whole world to you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Google Language Tools

• southernheart
    15 years ago

budge, very charming blog. I'll bet that you might like this one, too:

http://moderncountry.blogspot.com/

She sometimes translates her posts into English, which is charming in itself.

My favorite blog is linked below. I actually have several "favorites", which have been posted here before, but this blogger is probably the closest to my own personal preferences in decorating, and I always look forward to every post.

Here is a link that might be useful: Between Naps on the Porch

• pauline13
    15 years ago

Joanie,

What a wonderful bit of information. Thank you so much for sharing.

• frenchdressing
    15 years ago

Wow! Thank you Allison for the link to my blog.

Because of it I found this forum. I love talking about Home Decorating, this will be a welcomed hang out to discuss ideas.
    Thank you for bringing it to my intention.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tongue in Cheek (French Fleamarkets andother tales of a collector

• allison0704
    15 years ago

You're welcome, Corey. I check your blog every day. Your writing and photographs are amazing. I've told my two young daughters and more than a few friends about your blog.

For those of you who don't know, Corey's beautiful home and photographs were featured in Bliss Victoria magazine last year.

Here is a link that might be useful: Magazine

• ttodd
    15 years ago

Thanks for posting these sites! Almost makes me want to paint my whole house white :0)! Well, almost! It does make me feel like I didn't cop out by only painting 2 rms. downstairs w/ color (and the ceilings).

I particularly like the use of greenery (totally love that moss door wreath!).

I'm looking forward to checking out the other links listed.

• User
    15 years ago

Here is the translation of a paragraph using the Google. I use it all the time with my neices in Germany. It is very accurate. Great Blogs....c

Here is a link that might be useful: Norwegian to English%20Den%20lille%20prismekronen%20i%20kontoret%20er%20fra%20Bloomingville.)

• laurenk88_pa
    15 years ago

I'm not sure if anyone's been to The Pioneer Woman, but it's a great site.

She has a tab where she's been focusing on the re-do of a lodge on her property.

It's rustic, on a cattle ranch, but it's well documented and humerous...as is the entire site.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Pioneer Woman

• budge1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for all the great links!! and I'm glad you enjoyed the site. I successfully tried the language tools on google, but enjoy all the little mistakes in translation and untranslatables.

(Un)fortunately, I started a new job just before Xmas and my blogging time is rather limited these days. I love my new job, but miss the time I had for net surfing.

• stinkytufted
    15 years ago

As an interior designer and ex-retailer I love Rug Rag.

They were recently featured on Apartment Therapy. There's a real buzz going on around the industry with the good stuff they're doing. Personally I hope they don't get picked up by big news. I see them as an "Insider Site" with good scoops and helpful tools

Here is a link that might be useful: Rug Buzz RugRag

• tmkb
    15 years ago

budge1,
    I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Norway and made friends with some of my fellow "weegies!

Were they perhaps from Bergen, do you remember? They have a nice flow to their dialect.