Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
swimkin

Cabinet Pulls and Door Knobs ??

Zoe52
9 years ago

Such a wonderful group in here and so far have had a lot of help to finish a new home build

We are looking to pick out doorknobs for our interior doors. Do people use the same colors on doorknobs throughout a home or can you mix and match depending on the room?

Our trim will be white and so will our interior doors. But I have a lot of bronze lighting and other bronze accents in my home.

I am planning on using the oil rubbed bronze on all doors that are in the hallways on both floors throughout the build.

For instance: My kitchen cabinets are to be two-toned. We will have some cabinets in cream with glaze and some in brown stain. In there I am thinking of doing all rubbed oil bronze pulls and for the built-ins across the way in the great room. I have other built-ins in a sitting room that will have similar cabinet pulls in oil rubbed bronze.

We will have a lot of pocket doors so I know I don't need a ton of door knobs in our home. However, in particular 2 bathrooms we are doing have polished chrome in them so I was thinking of doing polished chrome handles on the linen closet on one of those (I don't see a problem in there) and then an interior bath door that you only see from that bedroom.

However, the guest bedroom has the bathroom door right inside the bedroom where I was thinking of doing all polished chrome to match the bath fixtures.

Should I do the bedroom door that faces the bedroom in chrome when the door is shut but do the exterior of the door facing the hall in oil rubbed bronze? Or should I just do both in oil rubbed bronze and leave it at that as that is how I will be finishing off the other bedrooms upstairs.

Our last home had chrome in the bathrooms only and even one door was chrome on one side and polished brass on the other side that showed towards the hall.

I was just wondering if this was normal or not.