Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SW Sea Salt and Rainwashed in Benjamin Moore

Posted by sankaty_91 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 6, 14 at 18:58

My painter will only use BM paint. I am thinking of using either SW Sea Salt or Rainwashed in my Laundry Room. Does anyone know a BM color for these?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SW Sea Salt and Rainwashed in Benjamin Moore

Try BM Beach Glass or BM Healing Aloe.

o

When I get my paint at SW, I just tell them the name of the Benjamin Moore color I want. They have it all computerized, and can make the exact color. I'm sure Benjamin Moore must have the same option. At the very least, you should be able to bring in the paint swatch from SW and they can color match it.

o

I tried that recently (color matching). Not even remotely close. The bases are all different and the final result is always different. I took BM italiano Rose to SW and although the color was actually prettier than the BM, it was completely, but completely different. I had the two cans side by side and you'd have to be color blind to think they were the same.

o

For Sea Salt, try bm gray cashmere, cool breeze or night mist.

For Rainwashed, try bm silver marlin, quiet moments or woodlawn blue

o

Thanks for your suggestions. I went to the Sherwin Williams store today and got paint chips. I'm leaning towards the Rainwashed since I would like more teal in the color. I'm bringing it to the Benjamin Moore store tomorrow to see if they may be able to match and mix a sample.

o

I just painted my kitchen with BM paint. The final product is lovely. I used Regal in a pearl finish. However, I am no wowed by BM paint. I like SW and Behr with the primer. All this to ask, if you're paying the painter, why does he/she get to select the paint brand? Just curious.

o

mzdee - excellent question! This project is happening at my seasonal home in an isolated area. The local store only sells BM and Farrow and Ball. My painter doesn't like using Farrow and Ball.
I decided to use a BM color from the Affinity line - Crystalline. It is a close match to SW Rainwashed and I was happy with the sample I painted.
Thanks for your comments.

o

Different paints apply differently.
Letting the painter use the paint he is most familiar with will net a better result.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here