Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sallen2008_gw

Wall Words???

sallen2008
15 years ago

Has anyone tried Wall Words? If so, would you please share the message you used and/or a picture. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.wallwords.com/

Comments (8)

• upa_lazy_river
    15 years ago

My daughter used Wall Words when she wanted a "saying" on her nursery wall. She wishes she would have gotten the words a little larger. It is centered over the rooms shutters.

• reno_fan
    15 years ago

I have. I ordered from Wise Decor.com for my dining room in my old house.

Here's a shot:

In the last few days, though, I've attempted my own wallwords and have been very happy with the result and the cost. The larger you go, the more expensive, but I don't think they look good small. My dining room quote cost me around $60 because of the size.

Here are a few things I've done in the last few days.

I typed out the phrase I wanted on my computer, attached carbon paper to the back, and traced the letters onto the wall. Then I went over it all with a paint pen for "instant" and CHEAP wall words.

Here is the transition piece I did between 2 paint colors. It looks like a sign, but it's really just trim nailed into the wall, and the words are painted right on the wall:

Then I got inspired, so I did another custom quote in my foyer:

• bronwynsmom
    15 years ago

We are going to use WallWords to put house numbers on the inside of the glass transom over our front door. They sent a sample, which was very easy to use, and looks very clean and nice. What impressed me most was the level of attention they are paying to my very small order. I don't have the steady hand or the time to do it myself!

• upa_lazy_river
    15 years ago

Reno, what is the font you used for the quote Live Beautifully? Also, in your foyer, is the grid done with a paint pen and the fleur de lis stamped on? both look super. TIA

• reno_fan
    15 years ago

Thanks upalazyriver!

The font for "Live Beautifully" is Edwardian. The grid was actually hand painted. I was going for a really imperfect, hand-painted look, and I was afraid a paint pen would be too perfect looking to look hand-done, but not perfect enough to look good, if that makes any sense.

Yes, the fleur de lis is stamped on. I'm really, really not happy with the fleur de lis. I may have to go back over it with a lighter color to give them some depth, though my DD says it looks fine, and that I'm my own worst critic, and I need to leave it alone!

• oldalgebra
    15 years ago

We converted a tiny bedroom into a workout room after our youngest graduated from college. I knew from experience that I didn't want any soft surfaces in the room (retains the sweaty smell). So here's what I did to decorate .... ALL AROUND THE ROOM!
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• sallen2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Fantastic! I love a home with character.

• kswl2
    15 years ago

Wow, I LOVE your exercise room! It is fantastic!

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?