Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1StopLighting.com - shady or ok?

Posted by bbstx (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 4, 14 at 17:53

I have found the sconces I want for my bathroom at 1StopLighting.com for $55 less each than the local lighting store charges. Has anyone had any experience with the company? I'd love to save $110 + tax, but I'm skittish.

Here is a link that might be useful: 1StopLighting.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1StopLighting.com - shady or ok?

I, too, thought their prices were great, so I checked out their online feedback...terrible! I decided to pass. I'd rather pay more.

o

Which sconce are you looking at ?

o

The Kichler Parker Point

Here is a link that might be useful: Kichler Parker Point

o

Beautiful !
I ask because 1Stop sells through Amazon which would give you an added guarantee .
Kichler sells through Amazon as well .

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.amazon.com/Kichler-Lighting-42634CH-Parker-Sconce/dp/B004RF7M5U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388878422&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Kichler+Parker+Point

o

Read this before ordering from them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Reseller Ratings

o

It appears that your sconce is sold by wayfair.com for the same price as it is at 1stoplighting. I've ordered things from wayfair.com about a year ago, and their customer service was superb.

I ordered several outdoor lights, and one arrived with a weld that was slightly crooked. Wayfair shipped me another one immediately and told me to just keep the crooked one. We ended up donating it to Habitat for Humanity.

Good luck with your home. The sconces are pretty.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wayfair.com Kichler Parker Point Sconce

o

i ordered from 1stop before and won;t ever do it again. they charge your card immediately, then my sconces were backordered for 6 months. asked for a refund and got the runaround. I had to get my money back through my credit card company.

o

Well, thanks to all of you, I'm going to purchase the sconce from the local lighting store. Since I'm buying lights for the whole house, and my sister is buying a few fixtures at the same time, and there is a builder involved, perhaps the store will offer a nice discount.

I'm sorry that some of you had such horrible experiences. Thanks for the words of caution.

o

I have ordered from 1stop a couple times…..I wanted a 2 justice fixtures that my local lighting store was unable to get for 4 months. I refused to purchase from 1 stop until a rep could guarantee I would receive them…..I got them both in 3 weeks. I was impressed! I ordered a MBR semi flush also---they price matched from another website. Also ordered by Master bath vanity light from them-again on sale, no issue.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here