Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lanaroma

Searching for this upholstery fabric

LanaRoma
9 years ago

Could anyone point me to a store or any online source that has this upholstery fabric?

The black in the picture is actually very dark blue. The copper penny is to show the scale of the pattern.

Last week I 'accidentally' bought 7 yards of the fabric for $6 at Salvation Army. Enough to re-upholster one of my wingback chairs. Now I want to get more of it to do the other wingback chair. The chairs are similar, although not an exact match: one has Queen Anne legs and the other has Chippendale style legs.

Even if the fabric isn't for sale anymore, I'd still like to find out more about it like fiber content, proper care, etc. My Google image search turned up lots of camo prints and victorian textiles, but no exact match.

Comments (8)

• Silvey Marshall
    9 years ago

Why don't you try sending the photo to several of the large fabric stores? I'm in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Fabric Yard is the largest fabric store in Dallas. It's huge. You can call them and ask for an email address and see what they can tell you. I think they might have a decorator on staff. I would ask for her. It's a long shot, but worth a try. (972) 774-1740

• LanaRoma
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks BJB-TX for sharing the idea and phone #! I'll also try a couple of large fabric stores in my city. They are on the other end of the metro area. Because of the distance, I never visited them although I heard of the stores.

There's a Jo-Ann's in my suburb but it doesn't seem to have much upholstery selection.

Would it make sense to check furniture stores that offer upholstery selections for their furniture?

• Silvey Marshall
    9 years ago

I think the furniture stores would be a long shot since their stock is so limited. There are some articles on finding lost fabrics if you want to Google that. Apparently, it helps to know who manufactured it. If you locate an online dealer, you should ask for a sample to make sure it's exactly the same.

Good luck!

• emmarene9
    9 years ago

Something should be printed on the selvage side. Any clues?

• LanaRoma
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for responses, BJB-TX and emmarene! Will do more Googling.

No markings on the selvage sides. Here's another photo showing the wrong side as well.

Another question: are selvage side markings standard for all the fabrics sold in the U.S.? I should probably look at textiles at Jo-Ann's...

In my home country fabrics made domestically had nothing printed on the selvage sides. Some, but not all imported fabrics had maker markings printed or woven on the selvage.

In my current home I made draperies from a fabric I brought from my country. The fabric had a text in English woven in the selvage, "The Best Quality". Nothing more. Well, it was a nice imported textile, but definitely not in the $100's/yard range. :-)

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

One of my cached duplicate posts. Sorry.

This post was edited by kitchendetective on Fri, Jan 16, 15 at 8:59

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

It looks like a stylized fleur de lis or fiordalisi motif in green on purple on my monitor. Perhaps if you ran a google search with those words and the correct colors (vs. my monitor view) something would come up.

• LanaRoma
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kitchendetective,

Thanks for the idea! Will try this too.