Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old Home Interiors items

Posted by donnar57 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 12, 08 at 17:06

I'm just crushed. I was finally putting away the Christmas things, and one box slipped out of my hands. The camel from our 1970s Homco Home Interiors Nativity/creche set fell out and shattered. Everything else was all right.

I checked eBay and found our main set (which was fine). No animal set, though.

Does anyone know where else one might check for a replacement to a Home Interiors item? We also need a new wall sconce where one was broken a couple of years ago.

Thanks,
DonnaR/CA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old Home Interiors items

Is this the all-white set?

Here's one that includes the camel:

Here is a link that might be useful: nativity set

o

Thanks, but that's not the one. I should have been clearer. This one is colored - I believe the main set is #5569. I checked eBay and none of the ones with camels were the correct set. I believe mine is from 1978 or 1979.

I'm going to keep this as a favorite search in eBay, but I thought perhaps someone knew of a dealer that deals in discontinued Home Interior products.

I've linked an eBay seller that is selling the main set but not the animals set, as this is the set we have.

DonnaR/CA

Here is a link that might be useful: main Nativity set

o

Why don't you contact the original manufacturing company?

o

I have the same one you have. Unfortunately, my Baby Jesus was broken when DH dropped the box coming down the ladder from attic. It's hard for me to complain because he was really trying.

o

A Google search turned up this 11-piece set on an auction site I'm not familiar with - ePier. A little pricy if you just need one piece but maybe since 2 of you need pieces...? No connection to the site or the seller.

Here is a link that might be useful: Homco Nativity

o

Laexpat, that's similar but not the same one. I believe the one you linked is from a few years before ours. It's beautiful, though as you say, a little pricey!!!

DonnaR/CA

o

I am looking for an old Home Interiors Christmas stocking and holder. It is a snowman and I think the name for it is patches. The snowman for the holder is lying on his stomach with face forward. I need two of each of these to complete a set for my grandchildren. I appreciate any help. Thank you.

o

The stocking holders that I needed are not the snowman "Patches." I found them on ebay and the name is "Holiday Dots." I still need another stocking to complete my set so if anyone can help I would appreciate it. That's the Home Interiors Christmas "Holiday Dots" Stocking.
Thanks!!!!

o

I am looking for the glass that holds a candle that goes into a green rod iron basket type desk sconce. Several years old

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here