Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jterrilynn

Can someone help me with curtain hardware? It's a pleat!

jterrilynn
10 years ago

I need around 16 curtains for my new house for the living areas "The House of Slider Door". I'm going to do semi sheer's as all the rooms look out to the patio pool area. Beyond the screen enclosure are tall trees and fencing so except for a far corner I don't really need much privacy just some. So, I found these Lucerne Wanda pleat sheer's that I like that are cheap, they have them on overstock with many good reviews but those are a pole top. My dilemma is that I have no idea what sort of hook or type of curtain rod I buy for the hooks. I'm really a complete moron about this. I hope someone can help me because I can get 10 % off and today there is free shipping. I would like to buy it all and get this over with today.

These are the ones on "O" (same brand and curtains) but not the top I want.
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Lucerne-96-inch-Sheer-Curtain-Panels-Set-of-2/6332906/product.html?refccid=WCGSBENG2XOYY2SJ6CJUXHZZIA&searchidx=5

Here is a link that might be useful: Here is the site with the pleat curtains I want, please help!

Comments (8)

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

I think I would buy rods that match your decor and use clip rings, but instead of clipping them at the top of the curtain, clip them lower so you don't see the clips and they should look like your picture.

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Joanie, I don't know what the heck I'm doing. I think I will go ahead and order the sheer's. Due to me wanting to hang them close to the ceiling and the fact that there is a crown molding they will all have to be hemmed. The site does not really have any choices on extra long curtain rods, one slider area inside measure is 11' 10" not accounting four or so inches out on the sides , the other two are regular double sliders. I want a modern antique brass rod...all matching. I'm sure I'll go nuts trying to find all that.

• Bunny
    10 years ago

I like joanie's advice. I used to think the only way to use the clip rings was to grab the top of the curtain, a look I don't care for. By evenly spacing and clipping a distance down from the top, you get very nice soft pleats. You can completely hide the rings or just let the tops show. Easy and budget-friendly.

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Linelle, do you know if there are some brand of clips that are better than others? I don't want to get non-clippy clips. I like the idea of the no show clip placement. I hope these curtains will be all right I just pushed the buy button. They were the only sheers I found where I liked the tops, I didn't want a bit of fufu sticking up on top nor did I want a grommet top.

This post was edited by jterrilynn on Sat, Jan 18, 14 at 19:26

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

You can try BBB, PB, RH, JCP, etc for rods. I got my rods and clips at BBB, no problems with them. They usually come in different expandable widths like 88"-126" for example. I think the sheers you ordered look very nice.

• Bunny
    10 years ago

Mine are Cambria that I bought at BB&B, see link below. They're on sale now. I needed 9 for each panel, so I had to buy three packs of 7. The panels are from Pottery Barn that I've had for a couple of years. All they come with is a rod pocket and I hated how they bunch up on the rod, plus very hard to open and close.

With the rings, it's very easy to make adjustments and they slide along the rod effortlessly.

The way I have them you can just see the tops of the rings. I did this because I was too lazy to re-hem them. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Cambria curtain rings

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks! I found some on ebay that are brass in boxes of 50 for $49 and free ship. My panels are 104" wide each. I read that I need 25 hook rings a panel? Is that right? Sheesh, I don't know! I might end up with enough rings for the whole house.

• Bunny
    10 years ago

My panels are 50" wide each (they're open virtually 100% of the time) and I used 9 rings per panel, at about 6" apart. So with 25 you'd have them at 4" apart. Guess it depends on the weight of the fabric and look you're going for.

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks