Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what color with red windows

Posted by mrsfireman (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 8, 14 at 17:02

What color white would look best with brick red clad windows? Im wanting a taupy white. Any ideas are appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what color with red windows

Are you speaking of the color of your house exterior? Do you mean like a Georgia clay? If so, an ivory. IF it is more toward a fire-engine red clay, taupe. What other colors do you have? You might need to take that into consideration.

o

Im talking about the exterior, we plan to use shake siding and the cladding on the windows would be brick red. Im wanting a simple exterior so the door will be stained wood . We have sw westhighland white on our out buildings with sw barn red for doors. I feel like the actual white will be to harsh/ stark for a whole house since we won't have multiple siding choices to break up the exterior. So I'm wanting white still but nothing creamy or yellow, but I guess more of a Greig/white.

o

I think optic white would be too stark and you are probably right about a grey-beige. I think that is where you should start looking. Can you take samples with you to a Benjamin Moore store and let their decorator help you?

o

Red widows at fallingwater:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here