Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd

Little Eyes are Watching!

ttodd
10 years ago

Our 7yo son and 5yo daughter love playing Minecraft together.

For those of you w/o children or grandchildren who live and breathe Minecraft, it is a world that you create out of blocks. You start the game having nothing and you have to search and hunt for things to build a home, eat, grow your food, feed your pets, protect your property etc...

So anyway, yesterday morning the 5yo gets on for her allotted time while the 7yo was upstairs reading. When he came downstairs all I heard was "You did all of this?! Mommy - you have to come see what DD did!"

Apparently she had decorated the entire home that DS had built for themselves and it was fabulous! Her attention to detail was jaw dropping for some grown people let alone a 5yo! She had perfectly proportioned rooms w/ excellent furniture placement and purpose.

What got me though was when she showed me their bedroom that she did w/ bedside tables, wall torches, rugs, reading chairs and art on the walls! And not just a piece here and there, she created entire gallery walls of art. She made such a warm and inviting home for both herself and her brother.

I have to admit, I was feeling like a proud Mama!

Comments (8)