Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hornedfrog89

Blue bedroom bedding

hornedfrog89
9 years ago

We are going to be painting our master bedroom 'Bleached Denim' by Behr. I'm really confused about my bedding. I really love the Linen and silk trim duvet by Pottery barn in brownstone. It resembles a burlap which I love. I want to include a quilt as well in our bedding ensemble, however I don't know what color to get. I have three choices: A blue, white or cream. I am leaning towards white or cream because the quilt will be a MUCH more permanent (and expensive) staple of our bedding collection.

For sheets, I'm considering more neutrals in cream or white (depending on the quilt)...and just putting in some blue in the decorative pillows.

I'm trying to get a rustic feel to the room...so...cream or white???

Here is a link that might be useful: brownstone Duvet

This post was edited by hornedfrog89 on Mon, Jan 26, 15 at 16:47

Comments (17)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

My suggestions would be (all from Pottery Barn)

The Silk Tufted Quilt in Taupe

Belgian Linen Diamond quilt in Ebony

For more rustic look, I'd get ivory sheets.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    9 years ago

I wouldn't put blue bedding in a blue room

• isabel98
    9 years ago

Ha, I'm horned frog too….'88.

• kidrowlam
    9 years ago

Cotton made white plain linens would go nicely with your world. You'll get extreme comfortable ambience with it.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

What color is your woodwork? Is it painted white or cream?

• hornedfrog89
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Annie- We haven't done anything with the woodwork yet - I'm assuming white = white linens and cream = cream linens.

Isabel - Woo! Go Frogs :)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Well, then, do you prefer warm colors or cool tones? Cream if warm, and white if cool.

• lascatx
    9 years ago

I just read the RH vs RL linen thread, so I'm picturing the natural linen. I do like the blue bedding and my walls are closer to the brownstone color. I would put them together. I would probably go slightly creamy -- not ivory, but not stark white either.

Horned frog here too. Can't believe the football in recent years!

• hornedfrog89
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I think I'm going to go with cream. Cream just goes way better with the brownstone Duvet IMO.

I want a Slight cream like Iascatx - NOT ivory (The quilt from PB is not going to work. It's an Ivory and too Yellow).

I just don't want that super white contrast.

And I'm LOVING all these Horned Frogs!!

• kmeyrowitz
    9 years ago

I promise I'm not trying to be a smart*** -- is it out of the question to find a coverlet/quilt that you love, and then choose the paint? Really great bedding is hard to find, and paint colors are pretty easy to find.

Another idea is to find a rug, wall-hanging, or other art work that has a denim color in it, and then take your paint inspiration from another color in the rug or art.

Somebody said blue bedding isn't good with blue walls -- but it it's a lot lighter or darker, it would be fine.

• hornedfrog89
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I think some of you are confused - The bedding picture that someone posted IS the duvet I plan to use, but the one I am getting is in a Brownstone color - basically, a natural linen.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

That's why I suggested the two PB quilts I did. The silk tufted in taupe would go so well with the silk on your duvet and give the bed a beautiful monochrome look but with different textures (silk, linen, tufted) and the other, the Belgian Linen in Ebony would give the bed a mono texture (linen) but a beautiful contrast of the brownstone and chocolate brown, which also is beautiful with blue. I know you didn't include a deep brown as a consideration, I menton it because it is such a great color with your earthy Brownstone and with blues.

• kidrowlam
    9 years ago

Neutrals such as ivory or beige are my personal favourites but you can also give a try to silky white. Make sure the fabric is washable. The curtains in the contrast can give a great look but make sure your room is properly lit.

• helenss
    9 years ago

I suggest that you get a real mulberry silk bedding sets

Here is a link that might be useful: Mulberry Silks

• PRO
    Alla Sty
    9 years ago

Why not use a pure mulberry silk duvet like this :

• kevinmark
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

As far as the choice between cream and white is given i'll go with the cream one. From nowhere I am against white but cream looks really good with traditional as well as contemporary home décor styles. Care and maintenance is also easy with cream. Well, you can take a look at the following site for instance: beddingmill.co.uk