Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Any Info? How Much To Pay?

beekeeperswife
10 years ago

On CL. From the 70's. Bought at high end department store (Hess Brothers for those of you who may remember them).

That bottom section slides out to the side.

Is it a Milo Baughman? Seller is asking $300, price negotiable.

thanks!

Comments (11)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

I am not sure I would call Hess high end? Perfectly nice but not high end?

I think the answer is "what the traffic will bear", but not a lot. Big help, eh?

Are these types of items popular where you are? Or where the seller is selling? It seems to me that popularity dictates value for CL. I would say it is fashion forward. Do you know many people in your area that would want it?

• User
    10 years ago

The same exact unit is on my local CL. They are asking $250.

Here is a link that might be useful: Doppleganger

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    10 years ago

mtn, true, not high end, but they did have nice stuff. I remember the patio for lunch and the fashion shows.

It sounds like she paid a lot for it back when she bought it. I would offer $150. I do find some on ebay with the DIA tag on them. They look very much like this one.

I suppose I can go see it, hope she is not the CL Killer and then determine if I want to go forward. Personally, I like it, I am not sure what to do with it right now, but I like it. I have no trouble with it being brass, especially since as we all know IT'S BACK!

Thanks for the responses so far.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Bee, Brass i back supposedly but its pretty hard to find in faucet hardware, at least the unlacquered kind! I had to give up on it for my new kitchen, I was so pizzed.

• Olychick
    10 years ago

In this link there was one (similar, identical?) for $50 on CL...in Denver, which I think might be about what they'd ask around here

Here is a link that might be useful: scroll down

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Mtn, Waterstone makes beautiful faucets available in living finish brass. The plp 5600 in Tuscan brass. I have the faucet in American Bronze and love it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Waterstoneplp brass faucet

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yeah, I'm beginning to think $150 is generous. I think they are asking a lot because they don't know brass went out and now its coming back. They could be about 3 cycles behind...

Funny, I just called to her to make an appointment to go see it. A man answered. He said "Craigslist ad?". No you must have the wrong number. This is the ______s."

I hung up. That is the name on the email from the son who listed it for her. I think someone is selling off the furniture without her husband knowing.

lol

I sent a note to the son. Told him what happened. She just emailed me. Odd, she also sent a picture. But it is one that I have seen on a blog all styled-up. I called her out on that...somehow, she won't want to sell it to me when I get done.

Bee

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

Well, maybe they've seen this below.

Here is a link that might be useful: brass glass etagere or whatever it is

• teeda
    10 years ago

Wow. I just saw that one sold on Etsy for $1,400 and there's another listed for $1,600. Maybe $150 isn't too generous after all!

Here is a link that might be useful: Etsy link

• forethepines
    10 years ago

Bee, did you ever buy this? Curious as to the price..

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Welllll, in a nutshell no.

Seller had to go to a funeral out of town and was going to email me when she got back. I know it was true because she accidentally forwarded me the funeral notice (I think it was supposed to go to someone else).

She wasn't sure when she was coming back due to bad weather. yadda yadda yadda. Then I remembered about it a week or so later. I looked for the CL ad, and it was gone.

Either she changed her mind, or sold it to someone else.

I am not smarting from the loss. But the that table I mentioned in the other thread about CL...that one is still stinging...