Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nhb22

Any ideas on this CL side table?

nhb22
14 years ago

I didn't know where to post this here, or on the Antique forum, because I cannot tell if it is old (the drawer looks old) or a reproduction. Is it worth $80. I wanted to get your opinion before asking the owner. No so great photos!

Comments (86)

• nhb22
    Original Author
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I went out to the car and took some photos of what I could see - with it being upside down.

I am beginning to come around. :)

Drawer with dovetail.
    {{gwi:1568867}}

{{gwi:1568868}}

Drawer hardware/handle screws
    {{gwi:1568869}}

Drawer and metal plaque
    {{gwi:1568870}}

Drawer front - the prettiest part of the whole table IMO
    {{gwi:1568871}}

Underside of table
    {{gwi:1568873}}

Underside of table and drawer with a number stamped on table frame. What does a number mean anyway?
    {{gwi:1568874}}

• redbazel
    14 years ago

Well, NHB, you've got the table home, we're all pretty much agreed that it is worth the money, even if it turns out to be Not what you wanted, and you have a built-in buyer in the person of your daughter, if you want to just let it go. You also have the option of putting $110 on it, staging it with pretty background in your own home, taking good closeup photos, and reselling for a few dollars more. So I think all-in-all, you are good. You also have a CL buy under your belt, and have learned just a little more about the process. That alone, is worth the money and trouble, because, if you find a fantastic, heart-fluttering buy next time, you will have more confidence.

You mentioned feeling sick as you left....I totally get that. You went by yourself......you paid full price....you felt obligated......and it had issues you weren't expecting. You also didn't know how to walk away.

So...in order:
    1. If you go by yourself, you have to have total confidence in your ability to manage the situation. I go alone a lot of the time, but do like company to bounce the situation off of, help with moving the item, and just for peace of mind.

2. Nothing wrong with paying full price. If the item is just what you want, or the people obviously need it more than you.....just hand it over and don't sweat it. But a little preparation here is key. Always go to the store and get change or go to the bank and get smaller bills. I went to buy a piece of furniture once, and only brought 20's. I passed on the chair but the lady had several other items there priced at $2-$5 that I did want. I bought $15 worth of cool vintage prints/collectibles, but had to give her a $20 and tell her to keep the change because she was way too far from a place to get my money broken down. Don't ever expect to pay with a check. Most people just say no.

3. You deal with unexpected quality issues by doing 2 things. You speak on the phone with the seller and ask what you can........sometimes people are good at describing what they have accurately and sometimes they are not. But at least you will know before you go whether the table is 24" high or 36" and way too tall for a sofa table. The shiny finish is something you would only see when you got there. You just have to decide if it's a deal breaker or not. If I had a nickel for every time I've driven to a garage sale or newspaper advertised item or a CL house and found that the wood is particle board or the upholstery is nasty..........well, I could definitely pay for a good cup of coffee!

4. Plan out the Craigslist jaunt like you would plan out a meeting with your boss. What's the ideal scenario? You go, the house is nice, the people are nice, the item is just as you hoped it would be, and they help you load it into the car! Plan out for the unexpected. You have to step over a dirty diaper to walk into the house/they have a snarling dog/the house is filled with choking cigarette smoke and the chairs you went to see will smell smoky too. The table is cheaply made and not what you wanted. The chair has cigarette burns in the arms. I actually have a REASON NOT TO BUY planned out in my head before I everleave my house. I sometimes have to adjust it to circumstances, but I never, never, never, go see anything without having an out planned. The person may be needy, they may expect you to buy because you showed up, but that should not obligate you. You will be surprised at how easy it is to say.......
    "Oh, it's much darker than the photo showed on my monitor and will clash with my other tables!"
    "Thanks for letting me look, I will tell my daughter about it and see if she wants to come back."
    "When I saw it in the ad, I was afraid it was going to be a bigger chair than my space will allow, but I just had to come see anyway..."

Red

• nhb22
    Original Author
    14 years ago

redbazle - I know...I am such a push-over! However, this is not my first CL purchase by a long shot. I have been able to get some pretty good bargains.

You have some great advice and I will take it into account the next time I go shopping. I have to tell you that after many purchases, this was only the second time I have paid in cash, and the reason I asked this seller, is because of what happened when I bought my son those chairs before Christmas. I wrote a check, handed it over to the husband, and we were backing out of the driveway when he knocked on our windshield. He said the wife wanted CASH! Luckily, my DH had money and the correct amount.

As you mentioned, I had done my homework and pestered the poor lady with questions about measurements, wood, condition, etc.

Did you and I go to the same house? The second house. lol

Well, anyway...something made me buy that table even though my heart was not in it. READ ON for an update!

• nhb22
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I realized that you posted your comments about the same time I posted the above photos and not sure if you saw them. :) Just curious what you think?

• moonshadow
    14 years ago

You wimmin' messing with your men's heads, lol. I gave up on my DH, he was just no fun. If he's not sleeping in it, lounging on it or sitting down to eat at it, he rarely notices diddly that's different. Sooner rather than later I cave and 'fess up, but always point out the good quality and the money my scores have saved us. (We know it's all about the thrill of the hunt, tho, right? ;)

nhb, The number is usually stamped to ID the model or style#. (You can email the company w/photos and ask what it's made of, I did that with a vintage Drexel br suite I got from CL, knew parts of it were cherry, but couldn't figure out what the veneer was).

Anywho, there's a lot of wood going on there to my eye.
    Outer sides of drawers look like oak (veneer since it's pieced.) Inner drawers sides I'm not sure...possibly maple.
    Innterior drawer bottoms look like they might be ash.

Unusual to have so much wood going on, would make me wonder if a repair was not done, but it's hard to say.

I missed the part where you didn't care for the shiny finish. Stripper would get that off, which would involve some sanding, which could get very tricky with the burl since it's best to follow the grain pattern. (I've refinished a lot of wood, but never burled.)

It might just be an accumulation of polishes. Some Formby's Deep Cleansing Build-up Remover for starters might get the gunk off. There are 'home' recipes in Antiques forum, can't vouch for them, have never tried them. Restore A Finish with Super Fine steel wool would clean it too, and might be enough to hide the gouge mark. Dunno tho, looks pretty deep. Could take it to a paint dealer and have them help you find a stain that's pretty darn close. Or Old English. A little differing color on repair adds character imho.

For all I know, the whole thing could be stained to look like burl wood. I just don't know. Nope, I'd say for certain that's burl wood, not faux stain made to look burl. Definitely veneer over another solid wood (not sure what type is under the veneer.)

It's a very pretty piece, as is. If you're beating yourself up over paying full price, knock it off! It's a good score! ;D

• redbazel
    14 years ago

I think it's a very pretty table. The photos are a little large, but you need to really think if it will work for you before you let your kid (or anyone else) have it!

I bought a $40 buffet a couple of years ago at a yard sale. As soon as we drove away with it in the back of the truck, I started thinking about re-listing it on CL. The stain job was bad and I really didn't have a place for it. I had that sinking..........why do I do this stuff? feeling.......But when I got home, I moved out the pretty antique chest that I had used for photos/gift wrap/cards in the living room and put the stained-over-paint 1940's buffet there instead. I have had more compliments on that thing than most anything else in my house and I almost re-sold it instead.

Red

• nhb22
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Alright, after taking an Advil and putting an icepack on my back, I am settling down to tell you what I have done....

My heart is racing a mile-a-minute and I may have a heart attack because I AM IN LOVE with my new sofa table!!!

I eased the table out of the car, placed the legs on some old rags, and dragged it across the garage. Then, I had to carry it up a few steps into the hallway. From there, I cleaned/touched up, and replaced the rags to drag the table to it's new place behind my sofa. I moved the old sofa table - by the same method - back into one of my guest rooms that badly needed a table in front of a window (I'll show that off another time.)

I am convinced that this sofa table was meant to be here! It is the perfect size, longer and a little taller than the other table. This will allow the lamp to throw off more light to readers on the sofa. I didn't add anymore knick-knacks or photos, because I want the sofa area to look as normal as possible and see how long it takes my DH to notice the new table when he comes home. Thanks for the suggestion Allison. :)

moonshadow - I always cave-in with a grin :), and DH says "alright, what did you do?" or "how much is this costing me this time?" I wouldn't be so scared to tell him I bought something if it were not for the fact that it's VISA week and also the fact that I told him I would quit buying off CL for a while. Well, it has been a month since I bought anything from CL. :)

Oh, thank you for the info on the wood. I don't think the drawer front is veneer. It looks like one piece to me. I am also not sure about them being oak, nut see what you mean when I look at that photo. Maybe it's just a bad picture angle of the wood.The drawer bottoms are much thicker than the newer furniture.

I'll report in and let y'all know if I am sleeping in the doghouse tonight, or being treated to a steak dinner.

Oh, forgot to mention that the seller inherited the table from her mom, who bought it at an antique estate auction. It was clearly not her taste, and even though the piece is not worth a whole lot, I don't think she knew what she had.

What do y'all think? Not bad for $80 bucks, huh! I can't quit taking a look at it. :)

{{gwi:1568875}}

{{gwi:1568877}}

{{gwi:1568878}}

Before

{{gwi:1375014}}

After

{{gwi:1568879}}

• moonshadow
    14 years ago

This is getting pretty comical with the DH stories. ;)

What I saw as oak grain is pic above where you're holding it, 1st pic in your 15:37 post.

Geez, in you latest photos the front drawer area almost looks burled too.

Anyway, it is gorgeous and perfect in that spot!
    Swapping out that one piece changes the whole look of the room!

• DLM2000-GW
    14 years ago

None of your fretting matters - it's perfect!

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    14 years ago

Ah! I am reading this last post with a big smile on my face. It's beautiful, perfect and what more could could you put there - NOTHING - because it's just wonderful!

I LOVE CL, and my last 'big' purchase was the Empire piece that I got for $200. The house it came from sounds very much like the one where this table came from. The woman inherited it from her aunt and she needed the money and it was not her taste at all. 'Our' sellers are happy, and we're even happier! CONGRATS!

{{gwi:1567344}}

• nhb22
    Original Author
    14 years ago

my3dogs - No one can beat that deal you got. I am still very envious!

moonshadow - I went back a re-read what you said about the drawers, and agree that the sides are oak. Funny that I didn't notice that the insides are a different type of wood than the outsides. That is odd. hmmmm

OK, DH came in at 5:12 and has yet to notice the new table. When he does, thankfully he is in a good mood. He must have had a good round of golf, and it doesn't hurt that he was at an Emmaus Walk meeting this morning. Yelling at his wife wouldn't be the Christian thing to do. :)

• moonshadow
    14 years ago

Yelling at his wife wouldn't be the Christian thing to do. :)

ok, I'm ROFL now...

• allison0704
    14 years ago

LOL I think he'll love it. It is perfect. The other table was too small.

• yborgal
    14 years ago

It's perfect! I hope you've decided not to touch the finish.

• tinam61
    14 years ago

It does look better than the other table you had there. I'm happy you like it.

I'm lucky in the fact that my hubby is usually my partner in crime since he loves antiquing as much as I do. He also doesn't ask or mind what I buy/spend. Of course, I would prefer to have his opinion on most furniture purchases. He actually does notice! LOL

Red gave you good advice on having cash on hand. I'm surprised you've been able to write so many checks for CL's purchases. I assumed most people would ask for cash.

If your hubby gives you a hard time, ask him how much he spent on golf. LOL

Glad it worked for you!

tina

• dorothy9_gw
    14 years ago

Newhome, you are too funny! The table is gorgeous and looks right at home in your beautiful room.
    I bought a chandelier from CL today and DH doesn't know anything about it either. DD went to pick it up for me, we are 7 hrs away but somehow I'll get it here and hopefully someone will be here to help put it up and he won't say anything. I hope.

• redbazel
    14 years ago

It looks awesome! It's in a good place and it's adorable! No wonder you are excited. I think your DH will agree.......good deal great table.

I painted the wall to the left of the tv. I painted from the baseboard up to about even with the top of the tv armoire. The room was light yellow and I tried gold. Then, I put the chair back and rehung the print that was there. After a couple of days, I painted a different shade with more depth. Rehung print and replaced chair. The next week, I tried another sample. Now, let me just say that DH sits in his leather recliner staring at that t.v. wall from about 6:30 till the news most nights. He never noticed.

Red

• nhb22
    Original Author
    14 years ago

At 7:00, as we were sitting down to dinner, DH does a double take at the sofa table. When it registers, I shouted "Happy Valentine's Day!"

I had great fun playing the "oh you are going to kill me" game so he would think I paid a lot for the piece. He knew for obvious reasons that I had been shopping at CL again. When he asked how much, I started out by saying "would it make you feel any better if I told you a brand new piece of this furniture retails for around $2400?" He replied that it made him feel worse. lol

After the blessing, he started the guessing and guessed right off $250. I said he was a tad BIT OFF. Then he said "$325?" I shook my head and said "EIGHT". He swallowed really hard and said "800 dollars!" Then came the fun part when I shook my head and told him the price. He looked confused, and said "$880?" No honey, I only paid 80 dollars. He had a hard time believing me. I had to show him the ad.

Oh yes...he absolutely loves it and wasn't the least bit upset! he even said something about the next time I shopped.

I helped spruce up the look when I added an old key from a burl music box (forgotten that I did have some burl.)
    {{gwi:1568880}}

And once again, I have little "Vanna" showing off the goods!
    {{gwi:1568881}}border="0" alt="Photobucket">

Now I am on the lookout for a furniture key. Saw some on eBay. Are there any other sources?

monablair I still want to knock off the top shine a bit, but never had any intentions of taking off the stain. Don't know if it can be done. The finish has tiny scratches on it. The legs look like they have taken a bit of sun and are lighter than I like, so I am thinking of rubbing a bit of dark gel stain on them.

tinam61 - I was telling DH about the seller, the cash thing and how I had wanted to offer less, and he said "you didn't write a check to them, did you?" "I have been thinking that writing checks to strangers is not a wise thing." So, no more checks for me.

The golf thing...I asked him that once, and he got furious and said "not a thing!" You don't mess with his golf! The truth is that his business pays for the golf, but you and I know that it has to cost a little here and there. All those golf shirts, balls, new golf bags and shoes...

dorothy9 - Good luck with the chandelier!

redbazel - Thank you, Red. lol Did your DH not even notice the paint smell?

• kimberlyrkb
    14 years ago

The table looks great in your house! I also like it better than the "before" table. I am in Grand Rapids and know quite a bit about the local furniture makers....and you got a great deal there!!

• hoosiergirl
    14 years ago

Oh, that is just gorgeous! I loved it from the start, but it looks just *perfect* in that spot! You got a FANTASTIC table, NHB!!! (I never feel bad paying full price if the person needs the money. If I have it to spare and can help someone else out and even get something in return, it's ALL GOOD!!!)

• nhb22
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you, thank you!

kimberlyrkb - Did you know Edsko Hekman? lol

Lot's of good deals on CL tonight, although I think I have had my share for at least a week.

See here:
    http://tricities.craigslist.org/fuo/1566628768.html

http://tricities.craigslist.org/fuo/1566689439.html

http://tricities.craigslist.org/fuo/1566705937.html

Well, got to go watch a movie with DH. See you later!

• User
    14 years ago

I have a Hekman sofa table that I bought in 1983 and the drawer looks exactly like your drawer.
    The top of mine has an inset of burl wood which I think is veneer.

I thought I was the only one that played the how long will it take him to notice game with DH. LOL

NHB, that table looks gorgeous in your room.

• sheesh
    14 years ago

Me, too, chloe. This was a fun thread.

• 2ajsmama
    14 years ago

Yeah!! You got it, it was a bargain, and it's PERFECT (not that I have to tell you). You find such great stuff. Please don't mess with the finish. You could end up putting more scratches in even with 0000 steel wool than it has now. Can't tell w/o looking at it IRL what to do with the gouge (not that I'm great with that - paid someone to touch up gouge in my dresser movers left and it looks awful). I'd be afraid to ruin the veneer, b/c that tabletop is definitely a burl veneer. The legs do look a little light/brown, try something in a reddish gel stain (after cleaning with mineral spirits) to get them looking more like the sides/top. At least I'm seeing a little red in the pics. Good thing about gel stain used as a glaze over existing finish - if it doesn't look right it's easy enough to wipe off (while wet) or remove after it's dry with a rag dampened with mineral spirits.

Funny DH stories. My DH hasn't said anything about the pitcher I just put in the big bowl on top of the washstand in the PR. But tonight he says to me "You didn't tell me your uncle and his family were coming to dinner with us, thought it was just your (other) aunt, her DH and your mom." He didn't even *think* of why I was making a *huge* cake using 2 cake mixes as he came home from work last night - for 7 people? No, I'm sure I told him (and the boxes were on the counter) that there were 11 of us...

• nhb22
    Original Author
    14 years ago

chloe45 - Pictures, please?

ajsmama - I wouldn't use the steel wool, only the denature alcohol on a rag. We'll see.

Good night all!

• User
    14 years ago

I'm guilty of scanning this quick but I wanted to say it's a beautiful table and it looks great at the new space. :) As others have said, it fills out the space better than the other one.

• someone2010
    14 years ago

If I may I would like to make some observations about this table and expound on some of the previous comments. The table is obviously veneer. You can see it in the photos showing the table top and the top of the open drawers. Veneer has been use as far back as ancient Egypt for several reasons. One being, burl comes from the knots growing on tree trunks and roots and it would be difficult to find a solid piece of burl large enough to make even a small table top from. Another reason is burl is very unstable and if solid wood it would soon crack and check. Next, with veneer you can choose to use or not use parts of the wood that may have to be incorporated into the finished piece were it solid wood. Also, the waste produced from making furniture out of a solid piece of burl would make the project economically not viable. Almost all museum pieces displaying burl are veneered, no matter what the age. The main difference being the thickness of the veneer. The older veneer would be 1/8" to 1/16" thick while the new pieces have veneer that can be as thin as 1/42" to 1/64" thick. This precludes much finish sanding prior to finishing on the newer works.
    About the wood, it looks like walnut burl but that is very hard to tell from pictures because so many other burls look like walnut, such as elm burl. Also, in most case goods there is a primary wood and a secondary wood, thus the sides of the drawers are oak. This is a Queen Ann style table and the pulls and strike plates are correct for the period. Some of the obvious clues to age are the phillipps head screws, the white glue under the glue blocks, the plywood drawer bottoms, the machine cut dovetails, the overall construction, and obviously the name plate.
    This is a nice table and you got a good buy.

• kimberlyrkb
    14 years ago

NHB - NO, I didn't know Hekman! LOL ;)

What I meant is that I know quite a bit about the furniture industry in GR and value of the furniture that was produced by some of the manufacturers here. Not a whole lot going on anymore, unfortunately - even Baker is mostly gone.

GR used to be widely known an "Furniture City."

• tinam61
    14 years ago

I had the same thoughts about the check as your hubby did but didn't want to say. Good idea.

I see the keys quite often at antique stores . . .

tina

• nhb22
    Original Author
    14 years ago

"Can't tell w/o looking at it IRL what to do with the gouge (not that I'm great with that - paid someone to touch up gouge in my dresser movers left and it looks awful). I'd be afraid to ruin the veneer, b/c that tabletop is definitely a burl veneer. The legs do look a little light/brown, try something in a reddish gel stain (after cleaning with mineral spirits) to get them looking more like the sides/top. At least I'm seeing a little red in the pics. Good thing about gel stain used as a glaze over existing finish - if it doesn't look right it's easy enough to wipe off (while wet) or remove after it's dry with a rag dampened with mineral spirits. "

ajsmama - meant to mention last night that I have covered the scratch and even had to point it out to DH. He said it just gives the piece character. :)

Also, the finish is more a brown and dark brown. I don't know why those pics always come our red looking, because my floors are not reddish, either. And the legs of the table also look lighter in the photos, I think because I was lower to the ground to take some of the photos and the light caught the reflection.

sheesharee (and others)- Thanks! Yes, I know the new piece looks better than the old, but sometimes you have to use what you have. :) The old piece used to be behind a love-seat and looked much better. Having it behind this sofa has always bothered me. Not just the size, but the style. Looked better in the other house.

kimberlyrkb - I was kidding about knowing the Hekman's...hence my lol at the end. :) Glad to know you think the table is quality.

someone2010 - Thank you for the informative lesson in veneer. I do realize that the top is veneer (that was obvious with the scratch), but the drawer front appears to be a solid of some type wood that has been stained to look burl. I'd like to do the same to the legs. Sometimes I don't think the legs go with the rest of the piece. So, from what you are saying, you agree that the table is a much newer piece....perhaps made in the 80's?

Tina - You just gave me a good excuse to go to the haggle shops. Haven't been in quite a few years, since I was looking for my sink base.

• nhb22
    Original Author
    14 years ago

nevermind what I said about the drawer and veneer. I can see now that the grain of the wood goes in different directions from front to top. :) Now, about the white glue around the blocks that you were speaking of. I took a close look at the drawer and don't see white glue. It does look like something white in the photos, but it must also be some sort of reflection. I see some clear yellowing glue. Doesn't matter, though. I love the piece!

• estreya
    14 years ago

Gorgeous find! It looks perfect in that spot. Congratulations!

• nhb22
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes, I realize what a great deal I have after seeing the following post on my CL today. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: I can have this for $5 less

• redbazel
    14 years ago

Someone2010 had some interesting info about burl and veneer. Thank you for that!

Red

• nicole__
    14 years ago

Your new piece is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! It goes with your room better than the old piece and it's longer.....it's a better size. I'd be thrilled too, if I were you! It was a very reasonable price! Your quite the deal finder!!!! :0)

• nhb22
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Red - he was extremely informative. I have been reading up on veneers and lacquer all afternoon. I noticed that my veneer is actually blocks (about 8" square)of individual burl veneer. I would like to bring the beauty of the table out more because it is really hard to see with the scratched lacquer. There is a product called "reflow solution" that I may be able to try to even out the lacquer and melt away the scratches.

Well I do believe that this is my best find yet! Look at similar Hekman items that I found on CL today, and what the asking prices are. WOW!

Note: These listings are from different areas than my own.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/fuo/1565785762.html

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/fuo/1565698556.html

Not sure if this piece is older or newer than mine because the labels says Lexington, NC. Does anyone know when Hekman started making furniture in Lexington?

Here is a link that might be useful: Hekman Console table

• nicole__
    14 years ago

You have a great eye!!!! Your purchase was almost free! That's why your hooked on CL.....

• nhb22
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh my goodness...thank you for reminding me to check CL today!:) I am just getting on the computer today. What have I missed, what have I missed.

• sweeby
    14 years ago

That looks great NHB!
    What a lovely table -- perfect for your spot, and a bargain.

The ultimate score ;-)

• greenthumbfish
    14 years ago

What a great thread! You done good, NHB, and thanks for the laughs (I lost some of my diet coke at "Happy Valentines Day!").

• nhb22
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You are very welcome! :)

That idea came to my head just a second before, when I saw that he was registering what was in front of him. I've always told my husband not to buy me roses for Valentines, because I would rather have something that last a little longer.

Honestly, I don't know why I was so afraid he would get upset with me. After all, it was only $80. I think it all had to do with the fact that I wasn't sure about the piece and he would think I had wasted money. He has even laughed when he caught me looking at CL over the weekend.

• 2ajsmama
    14 years ago

I'm going to have to try the "Happy Valentine's Day" line on my DH - I just spent $25 on a wicker loveseat at GW (and it doesn't have a cushion so I'll be spending more)...but I've been telling him for 20 yrs not to buy me cut flowers, esp. roses at Valentine's Day!

• nhb22
    Original Author
    14 years ago

What is GW? $25 is a great price! You can sometimes find a cushion in the summer stock that will fit your loveseat. I bought the cushion for my grandmothers wicker loveseat at K-Mart.

• awm03
    14 years ago

Wow, did you ever nail it -- picked it out of the CL line up, envisioned a good place for it, came up with an idea for accompanying decor. Bingo! You have a great decorating eye, NHB. Hope you enjoy your beautiful table for many years to come (and telling the story of how you got it too).

• mahatmacat1
    14 years ago

newhomebuilder, GW is the GardenWeb outlet store :)

(just kidding, kind of)

• hoosiergirl
    14 years ago

GW = Goodwill (at least to me)!

• 2ajsmama
    14 years ago

Yep, GW = Goodwill to me when it comes to buying things (or "hunting"), though GW =GardenWeb when it comes to hanging out with my virtual friends!

• nhb22
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Auh...Good Will. All I could think was GardenWeb and thought I was missing something. Have not had good luck with our GW.

Why thank you, awm03! That means a lot to me.

• parma42
    14 years ago

Late to the party.

Just gorgeous and a great deal!

• nhb22
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you! I am still in love with the piece, whether it's newish or older (it feels old to me) and I can't keep from inspecting it. Something I noticed that you do not see on newer cheaper pieces, is that the backside is completely finished as well. This table could be set out in the middle of a room and look great from all angles!