Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deegw

Warm spa blue?

deegw
15 years ago

Is there such a color? I have a huge, unattractive, cold (literally and figuratively) bathroom. It has a huge mirror wall, large white vanity, cultured marble counter and white trim. The floor will be tan tile (we haven't picked it out yet). I'd love to paint the walls a spa blue but I'm afraid it will add to the cold feeling. Should I just go with a tan color to warm it up?

Comments (30)

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

Try RH Silver Sage. It goes from looking blue to green depending on the light. It is not a pastel but more of a 'dirtied' color. It goes great with white trim and is a good color for a bathroom. It looks good with wicker/bamboo accessories and would go nice with a tan floor.

• CaroleOH
    15 years ago

I just painted my bathroom BM Gray Wisp which is an identical match to Silver Sage. It's a very popular color, but for a good reason. It is just a beautiful color. It's calming but sophisticated. Looks great with white and tan.

Can't go wrong with that one.

• brutuses
    15 years ago

Here is my SS bedroom.

{{gwi:1397852}}

• hoyamom
    15 years ago

I second Gray Wisp. My guest room has a white duvet with tan embroidery and the color is very spa-like. Love it.

• kyshine3
    15 years ago

Deee,
    Please forgive me for jumping in on your posting, however I too being looking for that color
    However I only have Lowes (which teenage kids mix the paint) and Sherwin Williams store
    Would anyone know a paint from those 2 places that would be compatible?
    Thank you
    Deb

• jane__ny
    15 years ago

Another great, soft color is RH Eucalyptus. I painted a sunroom with this color and I can't stop looking at it. It's so soft it reminds me of a key-lime meringue pie. Like lime sorbet. Beautiful with white. I also used RH Silver Sage in my master bed/bath. Beautiful but I love Eucalyptus.

• threedgrad
    15 years ago

I made up a color for my bath from left over paint I had in the basement. The main color is Ellen Kennon's Summer Sky although I am not sure she has that any more.

• User
    15 years ago

I painted (about 97% painted--- hanging head in procrastinator shame) a guest bathroom a similar color to the one above- it was from Lowe's and I believe the color is river mist or canyon mist or some combination of those 3 words. I don't find the gray blues to be warm though they are pretty and elegant . This one is warmer and just cheery.

• bestyears
    15 years ago

I used Tradewind from Sherwin Williams in my half-bath. Very pretty spa blue/green color. This bath does not get any natural light. I think it might be #1619, but I've loaned my paint fandeck to a friend so cannot double check the number.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• DLM2000-GW
    15 years ago

I just painted Benjamin Moore Wedgewood Gray in my son's room. I don't do blue *ever* because I don't like cool colors but this doesn't bother me. It's a 'not really blue, not really green, not really gray' color with presence.

• CaroleOH
    15 years ago

Kyshine,

SW can mix any Benjamin Moore paint color. Just tell them the name or the color number. They have everything in their computer.

Not sure about Lowe's, but they may be able to do it to.

• kelpmermaid
    15 years ago

It's a Behr color (from Home Depot), but I painted my interior bath in Aqua Breeze. It's actually a light bluish green, and I like the way it looks in there.

• Meghane
    15 years ago

This is my old bathroom after I redid it. The tile is called Spa, and the paint color is Behr Fountainspout.

{{gwi:1540445}}

• ttodd
    15 years ago

I'm not a blue fan but I love my DR blue because it is so warm. It's a color match to F&B Blue Green. Here it is right after I painted it w/ cream wood:

And dark trim:

Personally when I tried RH SS it turned cold in every room I tried. I was very disappointed only because I have seen how gorgeous and warm it can be in other peoples homes w/ light different from mine and also in the store.

I've has lots of compliments on it from people who were looking for a warm soft blue.

• angelcub
    15 years ago

This is Restoration Blue, a Behr color that I had matched at SW. I find it very soothing. In certain light it tends toward the lavender side.

{{!gwi}}

I love all the other paint colors shown, too!

• crescent50
    15 years ago

Try BM Beach Glass- I had it in my old 1/2 bath and thought it was very "spa like."

• fivefootzero
    15 years ago

I used BM Buxton Blue in my bathroom...it's very warm for a blue.

• reeree_natural
    15 years ago

dlm2000

I am so happy you posted a picture of BM Wedgewood Gray. we are going to paint my son's BR and he wanted blue as well... we were considering this color..I think it looks great! question..what trim did you use? It all looks fantastic!
    Ree

• DLM2000-GW
    15 years ago

Ree the trim is Ben Mo Decorator White - it's what we use through the whole house. I like crisp white trim, some people like soft white trim - chocolate and vanilla! If you click the picture above it takes you to the album and then click view all - you can see more shots, different lighting - we love the color and I'm not a blue person AT ALL.

• reeree_natural
    15 years ago

dlm2000

Love all the pictures, the room looks great! I also like crisp white trim... I am with you on that. I never used blues in our house, I am more jewel tones.. greens, reds, and golds. my son wants a change in his room and asked for blue.( right now his room is a light 'tan' with white trim) I told him I will do a gray-blue, but not "blue-blue". I really do like the wedgewood, it is soft and warm. Seeing it in your pictures really helped, great choice! Thanks again!
    Ree

• catkin
    15 years ago

Great thread!

• bluekitobsessed
    15 years ago

Angelcub, I love, love, love your bathroom and hope mine turns out half as nice! I'm doing a very similar color scheme with beadboard and blue walls. Coincidentally, I have the same art in another room.

Blue

• jockewing
    15 years ago

I think I am now an expert on spa blue/greens now that I have a sample of virtually all of them. I was trying to paint my living room this color, but I just couldn't get it to work in there. Believe it or not, I ended up with a warm gray, BM "Silver Fox".

Try BM Stratton Blue or Wythe Blue. They are darker versions of the famous Palladian Blue, and believe it or not they actually have maroon in the mix, which warms them up. Another beautiful one is BM Azores, a similar color in the Affinity line. Also look at SW Halcyon Blue and Oyster Bay (a lovely grayed blue-green). I personally did not like Silver Sage at all. It was way too gray and downright ugly in my house. I think you need a great deal of lighting for it to look good. It looks good in the RH stores because they have all those spotlights in there pointed at the walls.

• dbannie76
    8 years ago

I would LOVE to give this color a try, but got not luck after calling Pottery Barn customer service. Apparently it's from one of their catalogs, but since it was a Pinterest pin, no information on the color name was given. Anyone have ANY idea what this color is???

• Olychick
    8 years ago

Here is the pic from their website. Maybe you can contact them now and see what the color is?

PB bathroom

• eld6161
    8 years ago

It's been 6 years. I hope deee has found her blue ;)

• Bunny
    8 years ago

Pottery Barn is featuring Sherwin Williams paints now. I'll bet a somewhat savvy SW person in your local store would know this stuff. Or contact PB.

• Olychick
    8 years ago

Yes, dbannie would have been better off starting a new thread, but figured it wouldn't hurt to try to help her.